How many CE hours do you have?

Summit

Critical Crazy
OK it is time for me to brag a tiny bit... totalling out my CE hours for NR reregistration (3 years already???)

Over 300 eligable CE hours! (72 required)

That's without counting any teaching time...

So throw out some #s because I know I can't have the most here!

Now if my training director would just call me back so I can have him sign off on the competency forms tonight so I can mail this sucker tomorrow (don't want to have to pay that $50 late fee).

Ridryder911

EMS Guru
Hmm... does all medical education count?

From what I turned in just over 90 hours, of course I could not count the 15 classes and 20 lectures, as well as year of advanced pathophysiology with lab, practitioner pharmacology, advanced ECG cardiology.. about a year long..So no wonder I have no life!.. Oh, well it kept me out of trouble (sort of)

R/r 911

Last edited by a moderator:
OP
OP
Summit

Summit

Critical Crazy
Hmm... does all medical education count?

From what I turned in just over 90 hours, of course I could not count the 15 classes and 20 lectures, as well as year of advanced pathophysiology with lab, practitioner pharmacology, advanced ECG cardiology.. about a year long..So no wonder I have no life!.. Oh, well it kept me out of trouble (sort of)

R/r 911

Rid a trouble maker? Couldn't imagine ;)

NR allows (basics at least) to count a certain few college courses at up to 24hrs... counting 120hrs from those classes...

Jon

Administrator
Community Leader
I've got 50+ on the state's website... the second time I went to EMS Today... it was for my own personal education... I didn't need the con-ed.

KEVD18

Forum Deputy Chief
missing almost 30hrs from my ma con ed roster. didnt either bother chasing after them. had over a hundred on the list. needed 28(+20 for nr)

Mr. Anderson

Forum Probie
I generally just lurk here, but this one caught my eye. I've got about 170 hours with another year before I have to recert, glad to see I'm not the only EMS geek here. I don't even count my teaching time, as I spend about 10-4 hour days a month in front of medic students....then there's the CE classes at the firehouse, and the advanced stuff I must sit through at the CCT job that falls outside the requirements that the state will recognize. Guess I don't have the patients to deal with the additional paperwork required to track my teaching hours.

Guardian

Forum Asst. Chief
I generally just lurk here, but this one caught my eye. I've got about 170 hours with another year before I have to recert, glad to see I'm not the only EMS geek here. I don't even count my teaching time, as I spend about 10-4 hour days a month in front of medic students....then there's the CE classes at the firehouse, and the advanced stuff I must sit through at the CCT job that falls outside the requirements that the state will recognize. Guess I don't have the patients to deal with the additional paperwork required to track my teaching hours.

if you're looking for ems geeks, you just hit the jackpot.

Artique

Forum Crew Member
Curious, Im new to EVERYTHING EMS so could you just breifly state what CE hours are and what NR is?... Dont laugh.... First time student in training

Ridryder911

EMS Guru
CE or CEU's or CME's are continous education hours or units that required to re-ceritify or relicense as an EMT or medic, etc...

R/r 911

KEVD18

Forum Deputy Chief
nr= national registry of emergency medical technicians. for more informatrion, vistin nremt.org

OP
OP
Summit

Summit

Critical Crazy
I slacked on this last cycle... only 208 eligable CE hours. I'm a slacker!