How long for MA reciprocity?

NJEMT95

Forum Lieutenant
I sent my reciprocity forms to the MA OEMS about 2 weeks ago. How long should I expect it to take until they mail me my MA card?

takl23

Forum Crew Member
The honest answer is: anyone's guess. I had a guy in my orientation class two weeks ago and sent in his application the beginning of Jan. and didn't have it. He actually went to OEMS and picked it up.

I sent mine in two weeks ago as well and sent an email yesterday asking to come get it and I haven't heard back.

medicdan

Forum Deputy Chief
Premium Member
I sent my reciprocity forms to the MA OEMS about 2 weeks ago. How long should I expect it to take until they mail me my MA card?

Are you trying to certify in MA using NR, or do you need verification forms from MA to go somewhere else?

In general, certification based on NR is taking 2-3 weeks (sometimes closer to 3), verifications 2 weeks...

feldy

Forum Captain
Are you trying to certify in MA using NR, or do you need verification forms from MA to go somewhere else?

In general, certification based on NR is taking 2-3 weeks (sometimes closer to 3), verifications 2 weeks...

are the verification forms the same as they were before the NR change?

OP
OP
N

NJEMT95

Forum Lieutenant

I'm certifying using NR, I also had to send a verification letter I already got from NJ where I am also certified.

I was under the impression they would mail me the card - will I have to go pick it up?

medicdan

Forum Deputy Chief
Premium Member
I'm certifying using NR, I also had to send a verification letter I already got from NJ where I am also certified.

I was under the impression they would mail me the card - will I have to go pick it up?

No, it should be mailed to you, that's what they've done in the past. If its been more than a week, shoot them an email.

OP
OP
N

NJEMT95

Forum Lieutenant
They finally responded to my email and said that my certification will probably not be processed until April. 2-3 months for processing - bureaucracy at its best.

CFal

Forum Captain
That's not so bad, i was told 6-8 weeks when I got mine and after that I called and they said somebody retired and they didn't hire anybody to fill it so it would be another 6-8 weeks

Meursault

Organic Mechanic
That's not so bad, i was told 6-8 weeks when I got mine and after that I called and they said somebody retired and they didn't hire anybody to fill it so it would be another 6-8 weeks

I love this state.