How in the heck did that happen????

gradygirl

TROUBLE
Ok, we're back on campus, ready to gear up for the first weekend back and all of the subsequent parties that we all know will be taking place and guess what...NO OXYGEN. None. Nothing. All gone. Every single of our about 20 or so tanks are empty! WTF? We never use them! I've only ever seen them used once. ONCE! I mean, come on. What, at the end of the year did someone take them all and have an oxygen party??? Every single cylinder! All the rest of our bags are fully stocked and ready to go online, but we can't go online because we have no O2! And what's even better is that our advisor was about to have them all refilled, but our Liaison decided that we should do it ourselves. UGH! :wacko:

fm_emt

Useless without caffeine
Woah, how strange. Did someone get into them after a crazy hangover or something?

We had a tank go empty because someone had cracked it open to 'be prepared' and the regulator was accidentally bumped to .25 lpm over the weekend.
I check the tanks before every shift, just out of habit.

But 20 tanks? Eeeep!

MMiz

I put the M in EMTLife
Community Leader
I suspect that the tanks were in fact open. Even with a regulator closed, tanks can leak. It's not really noticeable on a shift, but if you leave it long enough it may be a problem.

That, or someone noticed all of the full tanks of O2 sitting around, and decided to empty them for you.

Sineath02

Forum Lieutenant
HAHA I could see soo many problems with working campus EMS..Good luck

Jon

Administrator
Community Leader
I bet someone decided to either have fun with you guys by empting them, or had a REALLY bad hangover.

ffemt8978

Forum Vice-Principal
Community Leader
My guess is some chem majors decided to have a "Real Genius" type of party.

OP
OP
gradygirl

gradygirl

TROUBLE
I dunno guys. To get into our office (where the tanks were stored) you have to have an electronic key and a 6-digit code. Maybe the Campus LEOs got bored this summer... :p

Matt, I think you might be right. My biggest fear is that some of them could have been empty while we were running last year and no one knew about it because they are used so infrequently.

Just found out that we should be refilled by the week's end, so we'll be online for the BIG first-weekend-back/Welcome Back Party hosted by the school. :rolleyes: