How accepting are the EMS/FD community?

Tigger

Dodges Pucks
Community Leader
By the way, I have seen much more inappropriate questionable **** from creepy coworkers directed at young female partners than at any male, regardless of their preferences.
No doubt.

RocketMedic

Californian, Lost in Texas
I will say this: in any profession, it is inappropriate to make your workplace an issue zone. Politics, religion, personal choices- I am not saying to hide them or not to be them, but there certainly is a line that should not be crossed. I have had multiple LGBT coworkers, some flamboyant so, with no problems- and a few that caused problems by using their orientation as a shield to ignore standards and rules.

COmedic17

Forum Asst. Chief
By the way, I have seen much more inappropriate questionable **** from creepy coworkers directed at young female partners than at any male, regardless of their preferences.
That's the truth.

RebelAngel

White Cloud
I really don't care if someone I'm working with is gay or straight as long as they do their job and don't rattle on about their bedroom activities or relationship issues. That goes for gay and straight couples. I really don't think it's anyone's business what orientation someone unless that person wants to make it someone's business.

I'll ditto the comment that people in the FD and EMS fields are a bunch of pervs, but that doesn't mean they're not professional when they're on scene or are not good at what they do. That being said, we do have sexual harassment polices in our FD and should someone step over a line it should be addressed and handled appropriately.