• Yes, we should add both in a combined forum

Votes: 10 71.4%
  • No, keep it the way it is

Votes: 3 21.4%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Tactical Medic

Forum Crew Member
I'm in the military (15 years) and I think it would be awesome to have a Sub-forum called Military medicine. I would even volunteer as a moderator.

This is because the military’s mindset about pre-hospital medicine is totally different; people who contribute can give input about certain new procedures, products being field tested, or just plain ol’ war stories (pardon the pun)…

Many of the Corpsmen and Combat medics that leave do not pursue pre-hospital medicine because of obstacles thrown by the NREMT and State DOHs, nowadays most have experienced more than the instructors, but are forced to start from the very beginning of an EMT class. This is because most have not taken advantage of testing for the NREMT right after MOS/NEC School. I think we here in this forum can be pioneers in helping our brothers and sisters in the military to continue doing the great work they do in the civilian “war zones” by advocating the NREMT to allow them to challenge the NREMT course AT ANY TIME, while in military service AND with the proper MOS/NECs.

Anyway as I stated I think this will be a great idea, you brothers and sisters in arms stand up and sound off!

HUHRAAAA!

firecoins

IFT Puppet
I second it. Although I never did serve in the military.

ffemt8978

Forum Vice-Principal
Community Leader
This subject is being discussed among the Community Leaders.

OP
OP
Tactical Medic

Tactical Medic

Forum Crew Member
This subject is being discussed among the Community Leaders.

So whats the verdict? EMT City has one and it looks great, I also found a Corpsman Forum. I found both right after posting here (google'd it as an after thought)... Hopefully I get to go to Chicago a for the TCCC convention, many guest speakers from the military, if I get pics, I'll post here.

That being said I have pics of Cold Weather Medicine school (2 years ago), a civilian swat medic course I took, and last years mission to Kenya. VERY good, high speed training.

Doc...

BossyCow

Forum Deputy Chief
Sounds great to me! While not military, I am a wilderness first aid/EMT instructor and much of what is used in wilderness first aid gets its start in military technological advances, such as the blood stopper powders and new splinting techniques.

Do you have a link to the cold weather photos?

Luno

OG
Premium Member
Roger that

ffemt8978

Forum Vice-Principal
Community Leader
Okay, I've added a poll to this thread that will close two weeks from today. Please be sure to vote for your choice.

Summit

Critical Crazy
if you make it a Military/Tactical/Wilderness combined forum, I support it.