Hired

SR17

Forum Crew Member
Alright, here we go ladies and gents.

I recently tested for a fire department out here in AZ and got hired. It was for a reserve position that I was extremely happy with considering I just fnished my 1 and 2 academy.

So a week goes by and I get a call stating that they had to cut the last 2 spots unfortunetly to budget, I was one of the 2. Not a big deal, they explained to me that I am the next guy to go and it looked like March is when I was in.

So, the same department had posted emt spots so I put in. Had my interview this morning and got the job. Pretty excited since I have yet to have any expeirence with my EMT cert. Also excited to start the fire side of things as thats what I have studied in school and where I want to be.

What can I expect from here on out? I am assuming I will be riding a IF car, however what kind of expeirence can I expect?

mc400

Forum Crew Member
Do you mind me asking what Dept and I may be able to help you out with info. I know someone from pretty much every dept around lol. It's a small community and Congrats. Depts with reserve programs allow you to prove yourself instead of having to win the test/interview lottery like other places.

OP
OP
S

SR17

Forum Crew Member
Do you mind me asking what Dept and I may be able to help you out with info. I know someone from pretty much every dept around lol. It's a small community and Congrats. Depts with reserve programs allow you to prove yourself instead of having to win the test/interview lottery like other places.

Thanks, MC. Its with Southwest Ambulance Rural/Metro.

Where do you work, if you dont mind me asking?

EMSLover

Forum Ride Along
Congrats on getting hired! I was thinking of applying to SWA. Can I ask you what kind of questions they asked you during the interview? Did you have to perform any skills? I hope you love being an EMT with Southwest Ambulance!