Hired!!!!!

MusicMedic

Forum Captain
So i got a call today from a IFT Company in Santa Fe Springs,CA they told me that i was hired and i start orientation on Tuesday!!!!!

i just want to say thanks to people on this forum for the great great tips!

its been a month of constant job searching and Tons of interviews but it finally paid off!!!

for those in CA dont give up and apply EVERYWHERE!!!!!

For those who are in So Cal, but not in LA County: GET YOUR EXPANDED SCOPE OF PRACTICE Cert!!!!!

im excited but still cautiously optimistic untill i start on Tuesday

btw any tips on What to wear for "Business Casual" attire?

Last edited by a moderator:

EmtTravis

Forum Captain
congrats bro.. i know you've been having hard luck when it comes to a job.. so glad to finally hear that you landed one.. I got my job yesterday and start on the 1st..

ExpatMedic0

MS, NRP
an example of biz caz would be like khaki slacks or dockers and polo shirt tucked in with a nice belt and nice shoes. IMO

OP
OP
MusicMedic

MusicMedic

Forum Captain
thank you!!

btw for business casual should i wear my EMT Dark Navy ****ie Pants? with a belt and a white polo shirt?
or would that be too informal?

Fbarba123

Forum Lieutenant
ooo that's a tough one. I would think business casual would be a pair of slacks and a long sleeve shirt, but I'm sure you can't go wrong with ems business casual. For your oreintation it would be good to wear ems casual, so that way you can get straight to work, you can always give them a call as well.

I do IFT and I love it. Great pt. contact, great foot in the door, great way to learn your way around the locale hospitals, and various snf's. Lmk if there is anything else I can help ya with and once again congrats!

nemedic

Forum Captain
That would work in my area, although I recommend something along the lines of some nice boots. first day at my curent job, rained like hell. had a guy take a spill and had to kneel/stand in a puddle to hold c-spine. (pt wasn't in the puddle, but his positioning was such that no matter how I was positioned I would be getting my feet wet. IfI had been wearing boots, my feet almost surely would be dry.

Last edited by a moderator:
OP
OP
MusicMedic

MusicMedic

Forum Captain
That would work in my area, although I recommend something along the lines of some nice boots. first day at my curent job, rained like hell. had a guy take a spill and had to kneel/stand in a puddle to hold c-spine. (pt wasn't in the puddle, but his positioning was such that no matter how I was positioned I would be getting my feet wet.

yeah i have a pair of steel toed boots that go up to my ankles, but they dont have zippers though, so its kinda a pain to take off and put back on agian