Highest paying paramedic jobs in LA/OC?

Fish

Forum Deputy Chief
Unfortunately, my move back to Los Angeles is mostly family related, so I didn't have the opportunity to fish for a job beforehand. I figured with my bachelor's degree in emergency medicine, and my experience in busy 911 districts, it wouldn't be too hard to find a job. I guess I was wrong!

Where did you work? Area? And where did you get an emergency medicene BS from?

OP
OP
Thindian

Thindian

Forum Crew Member
Where did you work? Area? And where did you get an emergency medicene BS from?
I worked in Pittsburgh and I got my degree from the University of Pittsburgh (through the Center for Emergency Medicine). Phenomenal program with excellent staff/instruction. I'd rather not disclose the exact districts I worked in publicly, but statistically, we ran the most calls and had the shortest response time.

CentralCalEMT

Forum Captain
You could try Liberty up in Kern County. Kern County has probably the best scope of practice in California. (I know that's not saying much.) While the commute would be like 3 hours, they work 72 hour shifts so you would only commute a total of 4 times per month, so in reality you would spend less time in the car than if you commuted an hour for a 12 hour shift multiple times per week. I believe starting works out to around 51K per year. They cover an area that varies from rural to the middle of freaking nowhere but get some excellent calls.

mycrofft

Still crazy but elsewhere
Well, it WAS working for Michael Jackson....position closed.