Hi

OP
OP
emtff376

emtff376

Forum Lieutenant
nice!

Don't know how my truck will do. Just got a new one end of Nov. I want a guard for the front, but still poor. I have an xterra.

FFEMT1764

Devil's Advocate
I bought my burban used...state auction...used to belong to the state EMS office....now i know why those guys love their jobs...big trucks!

OP
OP
emtff376

emtff376

Forum Lieutenant
Absolutely!

I have an 83 F350 superduty with a flatbed, plowblade, etc with about 400K miles on it. Great truck. Needs a new clutch right now though.

FFEMT1764

Devil's Advocate
Well, if it were a ligth tranny I could help ya, but that sucker is heavy...I miss my plow...sold it before I moved back south...had it on an 85 ranger 2x4...and I never got that truck stuck!!

OP
OP
emtff376

emtff376

Forum Lieutenant
Nice!

Also, wasps took up residency in my truck this past summer, so as soon as spring hits, there will be major work done on the truck.

I've only had one bad experience up here so far. It wasn't snow, it was sheet ice. Slid down the hill sideways into a ditch. Had to crawl on my hands and knees across the road with a 7 month pregnant woman hanging on to me. That was about a 8.5 on the suck-o-meter.

FFEMT1764

Devil's Advocate
I dunno the wasps in the truck are like a 9.3 on the suck o meter for me...Im allergic! I dont do pregnant women...they are the limb of hell!

OP
OP
emtff376

emtff376

Forum Lieutenant
Well, I would have looked the other way, but she's a friend and neighbor.

Yikes! Allergic? Epi-Pen? I'm not way allergic, but my reactions keep getting worse each time I get stung. My dad keeps pushing for me to go to the MD and get an epi-pen. He's a medic in NoVA.

FFEMT1764

Devil's Advocate
No epi-pen...serious fear of needles in me...last time I was sick and went to the ER and had to have labs and a line I proceded to projectile vomit on the nurse then passed out...not a pretty sight from what I was told when I came around 4 hours later(IV of NS with 10 of MS in it). I keep diphenhydramine with me...and a BIG can of the foaming wasp spray!

CaptainPanic

Former EMT...
Wasps, needles, and stuff like that really doesnt bother me all that much. Actualy I havnet found anything yet that really bothers me, just found alot of stuff that hurts like hell. I have been swarmed by an entire nest of yellow jackets before while mowing. Not a pleasant feeling with 10,000 or so of the little buggers poking you at the same time. It hurt enough for me to say a few choice words, but I went into the garage stripped down and swatted em all off and killed them with bug spray then went into the house and took a warm shower and put aloe vera on, had a beer and called it a day. :D :)

Chimpie

Site Administrator
Community Leader
Welcome to the group Janette.

30 posts in your first day. Interesting. At least you're not shy.

Again, welcome!

OP
OP
emtff376

emtff376

Forum Lieutenant
I just got home from mountain biking, taking my bike into the garage and a swarm flew out from the side of the house, and stung the living crap outta me, mostly on the back. Loss feeling in my face, arms and legs and had difficulty breathing. Kinda sucked.

Chimpie

Site Administrator
Community Leader
You are not coming to the EMTLife Gathering. Too much of a liability. LOL

j/k

OP
OP
emtff376

emtff376

Forum Lieutenant
Amen to that!

Everytime I go to the Ortho., she takes a vacation when she's done with me!

:)

Jon

Administrator
Community Leader
Hi!

:) :) :)

FFEMT1764

Devil's Advocate
I bet your ortho went out and bought a new beemer after she finished with ya too!

OP
OP
emtff376

emtff376

Forum Lieutenant
Hi Jon!

Yeah, I don't think she has to worry about money for a while, thanks to me.

Thanks for the warm welcome everyone!

MedicPrincess

Forum Deputy Chief
Hello!!!

HEY...I think I found someone that can out talk me :p :) B)

Welcome.

coloradoemt

Forum Asst. Chief
EMTPrincess said:
Hello!!!

HEY...I think I found someone that can out talk me :p :) B)

Welcome.

Imagine that!!!

Welcome!

OP
OP
emtff376

emtff376

Forum Lieutenant
had to look busy at the job since the big boss was there today and I live in the middle of nowhere with not a whole lot of human contact, so I tend to be a bit chatty.

:)

OP
OP
emtff376

emtff376

Forum Lieutenant
oh, sorry. Thanks again to all for the welcome wishes! :)