Hi! I'm new!

amyleah415

Forum Ride Along
Just thought I'd introduce myself...I am an EMT student from Arkansas-one of only two females in my class. Been around EMS my WHOLE life (both my parents have been in EMS for 25 years each)-suffice it to say that I grew up at Central Station! I live and breathe EMS and can't wait to finish EMT class and get paid to work on a truck! (I have been an Explorer since I was 14, so I know my way around in the back of an ambulance!! LOL!)

ResTech

Forum Asst. Chief
Welcome to the forums... I started in the emergency services as an Explorer at 14 as well, became an EMT at 16, and been doing EMS as a career since 18.

Good luck with your class!

Derek :)

Jon

Administrator
Community Leader
Welcome to EMTLife!

Where are you from?

~Jon

OP
OP
A

amyleah415

Forum Ride Along
HaHa!! Yeah-ya'll are quick thinkers here!!

MedicPrincess

Forum Deputy Chief
So... where is she from? ;)

Seriously....wheres this arkansas place? Is it a suburb of kansas? LOL :p :p

Welcome...and good luck. Make us girls proud.

Wingnut

EMS Junkie
Seriously....wheres this arkansas place? Is it a suburb of kansas? LOL :p :p

Welcome...and good luck. Make us girls proud.

I think it's on a little rock somewhere...

:) :) :) Welcome!!! :) :) :)

gradygirl

TROUBLE
Jenn, you're too much!!!

Welcome! It's nice to have other non-Florida southern gals gettin' into EMS. If you have't noticed, the Floridians seems to have a monopoly here. ;) (We still love y'all, though my friends and I are still debating the southernness of FL!)

OP
OP
A

amyleah415

Forum Ride Along
Thanks for the welcomes from everyone! Just FYI--Contrary to popular belief, some Arkansans wear shoes and have all their teeth. : )

Celtictigeress

Forum Captain
Shoot I already knew that, your talking about Virginians with the no teeth bit ..and W Virginian is the one where everyone sends a Happy UnclebrotherFather's Day card (Come on you guys have seen wrong turn)

Welcome Welcome

Todo I dont think we are in kansas anymore

Jon

Administrator
Community Leader
Welcome to EMTLife!

Where are you from?

~Jon

You turkey. I think she's from Arkansas. I got that idea when she said "I am an EMT student from Arkansas."

:p

HaHa!! Yeah-ya'll are quick thinkers here!!

D'Oh!

I had what is known as a Brain Fart. These seem to be happening a lot lately. I need more sleep. And less stress. And a life. Oh, wait... I'm dreaming.

Anyway, Amyleah - Welcome to EMTLife.com - THE BEST forum on the web for EMS issues. We all are one big, happy, dysfunctional family.

Like you, I grew up around the firehouse. I started as an Explorer at 14, EMT at 16, and gave Medic School a try at 18. Now I'm working towards starting nursing school. I've been working full-time as an EMT for 3+ years now.

WELCOME!

Jon