Hey!!

emtAsh

Forum Probie
Hey Yall! My Name is Ashley and I just recently became certified as an NREMT-B and have less than a month before praticals and written for Advanced EMT. I am 23 years old and new to this site. I am from a small town in Southwest Georgia. Any advice on registry for the Advanced portion please give to me. Thanks!!:D

gw812

Forum Crew Member
Everyone I talk to tells me that the tests after EMT-B always have tons of questions that are answered by using EMT-B skills. Remember, just 'cuz you CAN tube, start lines, and push meds doesn't mean you SHOULD. Always remember the basic interventions first.

bigbaldguy

Former medic seven years 911 service in houston
Welcome to EMTLIFE emtASH. First don't stress yourself out over the NREMT. The tet material is no difficult. If you've read your book you've got the info. The format can be a little tricky.
Try using the search function here at EMTLIFE. Just punch in NREMT tips and you should get lots of previous posts on this topic.

firecoins

IFT Puppet
Hey is for horses

bigbaldguy

bigbaldguy

...but cows eat it too.

I however do not eat cows.

Hi again Ash if you are interested here is a good wiki article on how adaptive testing works. Adaptive testing is the type of testing the NREMT and many other computerized tests use. I personally felt much more comfortable going into the test knowing why it asked the questions the way it did.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Computerized_adaptive_testing

As I said I think where most people have problems with the EMT B test ( I can't speak for the medic test as I haven't taken it) is that the test presents questions in an odd way that might make you nervous if you aren't familiar with it. Also do a little research on the web about general test taking skills.

OP
OP
emtAsh

emtAsh

Forum Probie
Thank you everyone for the responses. I just wasnt sure how the A test would be. The basic test freaked me out because i went in not knowin what to expect

STXmedic

Forum Burnout
Premium Member
Same test, different questions. Nothing to stress over :)

SSwain

Forum Captain
Wait....Cows eat hay?
Does that mean my hamburger is recycled hay?
Could I consider it a veggie burger then?

gw812

Forum Crew Member
Yep, it's recycled hay. That recycled hay was grown with fertilizer, and guess what they make fertilizer from! That's right, when you have a burger...

...you're really just eating a s*** sandwich!

bigbaldguy

Wait....Cows eat hay?
Does that mean my hamburger is recycled hay?
Could I consider it a veggie burger then?

No, no you can not.