Help with prep for County EMS written test in Florida

LastofCFFA0824

Forum Probie
Hello all,

In about two weeks I'll be testing for a EMT-B position with a county to join they're ems agency in Florida. I was wondering if anybody could recommend sites, books, pdf files that helped prepare them for a written exam. I have been studying non stop with my emt textbook, searching online for as many emt, Iemt and aemt prep test, and even purchased my coworkers Medic textbook. I still don't feel prepared, might just be nerves but any advice, insight or information would be eternally appreciated. A little about me is that I'm Fire/emt certified, bachelor's in social science ed. ( not sure if that will play a role in helping me get the position) and I've been working with AMR for about a year (based in South Florida.) I've been in a few hiring processes with Lakeems, Martin County, Volusia, Palm Beach and to no avail didn't get a call back but I also never asked for help so here I am lol

Last edited by a moderator:

ZombieEMT

Chief Medical Zombie
Premium Member
Can I ask, how long have you been an EMT? Are the other agenies looking for more experienced? If you have the experience, the rest should come to you and the books are a refresher. I think going overboard with studying is going to hurt you, not help you. Be yourself. If you lack confidence going into the interview and test, they can see that.

OP
OP
L

LastofCFFA0824

Forum Probie
I've been An emt since September of last year, and I'm pretty sure at least a year of experience with AMR should be enough for the position. The ems agency I'm testing with its Lee County ems and I'm sure there will be at least 200 people testing for 9 positions, so I guess I didn't really enjoy my odds but guess your right I can't do anymore then I'm already doing, thanks for the reply.

OP
OP
L

LastofCFFA0824

Forum Probie
Yeah its definitely a place I would love to work the rest of my career, but I'm here bright and early studying and Thanks