Help with a department name: MVFPD Illinois

BillThompson

Forum Probie
Reaction score
Was wondering if there was anyone on here from around the Ogle/Boone/Winnebago/Lee/Dekalb/Lasalle County areas in Illinois? We were at the Kirkland 4th of July parade today, like every year, and this year there was an old fire truck that only had the designation MVFPD on it. I know just about all the services in the area and I've never heard of this one. I tried searching and wasn't able to get any results for an MVFPD in the area. Anyone from the area have any idea what municipality the truck was from?

Was it local to the area or just a show piece for the parade owned by a civilian?

Google-fu just keep bringing up Mountain View Fire Protection District. What surrounding towns or cities do you have that are two named and Start with M and V?

Given that description, and that you're familiar with the area, I'd assume it's a privately owned piece.

Given that description, and that you're familiar with the area, I'd assume it's a privately owned piece.
Good chance of this. We have a guy about 5 minutes away from my house who owns 5-10 fire engines from all over the world along with a full warehouse of antique firefighting equipment and log books.

Good chance of this. We have a guy about 5 minutes away from my house who owns 5-10 fire engines from all over the world along with a full warehouse of antique firefighting equipment and log books.

Hadn't thought of this, should have though as there were three old Chicago Fire Department ambulances in the parade that were clearly bought and refurbished by a private citizen. This is definitely a possibility.

Or M volunteer fire protection district. Small towns starting with M?

I hadn't thought of the town of Marseilles, which is in the area and did use to be a volunteer outfit completely.

Thanks for the responses.

Back