Help need job San diego

Nicholas740

Forum Ride Along
So I've been here a month now... I've applied to almost every ambulance company nearby... About ten. Interviewed with three. Still no luck. I have a year of experience in field. ALS bls and 911. I am a EMT basic. It's getting kind of ridiculous since I have ALS experience and places I applied for are bls too so wtf haha any help would be amazing

Chewy20

Forum Deputy Chief
You're living in the most saturated EMS state, could take a while. Just keep at it and calling the companies you sent applications to as a follow up. Also it is usually better to go into the HQ of the company if possible to ask for an application. Too many online applications and they may never get to it. Has worked for me in the past at least.

Mufasa556

Forum Captain
Depending on where you are in SD, have you considered south Orange County?

OP
OP
N

Nicholas740

Forum Ride Along
I've done that ... They just tell me to go the their website and apply lol I used to be able to do that in high school

OP
OP
N

Nicholas740

Forum Ride Along
I've considered any place that was within a hour from me .. I live in la mesa.... Haha I've applied to hospitals too ... What will be funny is when everyone tries hiring me at the same time

Rano Pano

Forum Lieutenant
Southern California companies seem to hire, and be full staffed around the same time. This has a lot to do with losing people to hiring departments, and times new EMTs clear the classroom. Honestly, a month is hardly anything. I know the feeling of being frustrated looking for work, and applying to everywhere - even jobs you know you'll hate. Keep at it though. San Diego can especially be tough to get into.

CadillacTramp

Forum Ride Along
Just give it time. There are some companies I applied for who never contacted me back and there were others who called the next day, the next week, or a few weeks later. I tried other counties and got lucky, though that process from application date until my start date which is in a few weeks took about 2 months! Just keep your head up and your eyes open! Good luck.