Help Me Out People. Please

Thanks guys. Wingnut, you are right. My reasons for becoming an EMT should be good enough, however I already know they are looking for something other than the "I like helping people"

Yes, they do run through a few scenerios. I think I have those pretty ok.

I guess.

Well it in 6 days and counting.

Well, I probably blew it. Guess we'll see.

They only had 15 questions. A mix of personal-tell-me-about-yourself types and scenerios. Everything was going swimmingly until they asked me the 2 rhythms an AED will shock.

Got the first one.

Complete brain freeze on the second.

guess we'll see.:unsure: :mellow:

V-fib, v-tach.

I just had to be the first know-it-all to post.

Princess- I've had interviews go great, and then never get a call back, and I've had interviews where I felt that I bombed it, and I get an offer the next day/week.

Give it a little time... see what happens..... and cross your fingers

Jon

now you have me all worried when I go to my own interviews.... so Princess they asked questions and what not??? whats it like? what do I need to look forward to? I know that different counties/cities have different routines bu7t maybe just maybe this will get me an idea of what to expect

Wow I'm kind of surprised they asked that question. They know that people get nervous coming to interviews and it's very easy to have a brainfart, I'm sure they'll take that into consideration with the rest of the interview going well.

Did they give you a timeframe for hearing back from them?

Yea Wingnut - 5-10 working days.

Tigress---They asked me things like..

Tell about a time I have had to work as a team.
Where do I see myself in 2 years.
The 2 shockable rhythms
What is the method of determining total body surface are burned.
Then they asked what the total percentage burned was on a patient with burns to both arms and the antierior portion of his chest.
What info can I as a EMT give to a Commi...er...I mean member of the press.
Can I preform all the duties as outlined in the job description.
Indications of a FBAO in a child

Unless you job title is PIO, then you dont EVER speak to the commi's, I mean reporters...:unsure:

Back