Help...In need of a job, MN

OP
OP
AshWredberg

AshWredberg

Forum Probie
Tailor your resume to emphasis any and all medical-related experience, even if it's just volunteer work at this point. If you don't have any of that to put on there, then I would probably recommend highlighting customer service experience where you have had to deal with people one-on-one, problem solve, work with diverse populations, or had to take charge. Your aim will be to present yourself as a competent, well-spoken, problem-solver with a desire to learn, as well as tackle challenges.

Also, feel free to write up a resume and post it here. I'm sure a few of us could look at it and offer some suggestions on how to tweak it.

Hope that helps.
M.

Ok, so this is what I have as a resume.... Any help or suggestions would be kindly appreciated! I will not get offended! ha

Community Leaders' Note: Please do not post anything (to include attachments) with personal contact information in it like emails or phone numbers. As per the forum rules:
Participants may not post email addresses, physical addresses, phone numbers, other screennames or any other methods of contact. Such information should be set up in your profile, or communicated to another member via the Private Message (PM) or Email feature.

Last edited by a moderator:

Emergency Metaphysics

Forum Lieutenant
Ok, so this is what I have as a resume.... Any help or suggestions would be kindly appreciated! I will not get offended! ha

This actually looks quite good. A couple of notes (because I'm an English major and teacher) regarding the use of language:
  • Make the sentences in your "Objective" section complete sentences, and active voice.
  • Lose the "interface" in the "Objective" section. It's a useless piece of jargon that makes it sound like people are interacted with in the same manner as computers. In a person-centered profession you'll want to avoid anything that smacks of depersonalization of others.
  • Lose "remarkable" and choose a different adjective. "Remarkable" is a bit overboard and sounds a bit snooty. The word "exceptional" would be about as forceful as I'd go.
  • When you list your certifications you might consider including your certification numbers. I hold a Minnesota EMT certification, too, and I list its number on my resume. This isn't critical, but it can be a point of convenience for anyone doing a check on your credentials.
  • The resume, for whatever reason, drifts on to a blank second page. Make sure a resume stays to one page, and no more than two if you absolutely have to go over one page.
Other than that, you did a nice job formatting and highlighting your applicable skills from each previous employer. Good work.

M.

chaz90

Community Leader
Community Leader
Looks like a fine resume, but I would definitely remove your personal identifying information! This is a public forum and I doubt you want your full name, address, phone, and email out there for everyone...

OP
OP
AshWredberg

AshWredberg

Forum Probie
yes I completely forgot to remove that stuff. Oops! Thanks for letting me know. The other thing, I didn't know where to put volunteer work. I didn't want the resume to go on 2 pages. Should I even list the volunteer work? I did volunteer at a blood drive my senior year in high school. I also volunteer at my daughter's school doing her yearbook. Is that relevant or should i leave it out?

cruiseforever

Forum Asst. Chief
Do not let the term Beast scare you. Some people use as a term for an ambulance service that goes thru employees quickly and does not really care for them. If you are looking at Allina, that is not the case. Here is a link that may answer some of your questions on who they are. At least thru their eyes.

http://www.scribd.com/doc/258086377/Allina-Health-EMS-2014-Community-Report

Definitely use costumer service training in your resume.