hello!

EMTBSmokeMonkey

Forum Probie
new to the board. i found it last night and lurked a little and then joined. i lurked some more and decided to make a post. this one in fact!

as you can tell i'm an EMTB, i got certified early this year after a fun 4 months of EMTB class. passed on the first try too! (my class had repeaters and threepeaters...firemen no less!)

i'm in kentucky...jeez, what else? i'm not sure, just ask!

oh yeah i added smokemonkey because its the name of a mayan ruler and i like monkeys...lol it makes no sense but just go with it.

Last edited by a moderator:

Wingnut

EMS Junkie
:) :) :) Welcome! :) :) :)

Great to have ya! I hope you enjoy the site as much as we do!

Jon

Administrator
Community Leader
welcome

Jon

Wingnut

EMS Junkie

Jon

Administrator
Community Leader
Chimpie said:
Welcome to EMTLife! Where is KY?

In the ambulance with the nasal airways, of course...

maksim

Forum Probie
hello everyone.
I do not want to create new themes. Therefore may I introduce myself here.
I the European doctor of EMS
We go similarly to EMT and paramedics on a calls.
To us spoke about US EMS much. And I here.

Wingnut

EMS Junkie
:) :) :) Welcome!!! :) :) :)

Jon

Administrator
Community Leader
maksim said:
hello everyone.
I do not want to create new themes. Therefore may I introduce myself here.
I the European doctor of EMS
We go similarly to EMT and paramedics on a calls.
To us spoke about US EMS much. And I here.
Welcome.

I THINK you are asking about some of the differences between US and Europe

As far as I can understand, in much of europe, Field providers consist of an attendant similar to an EMT (basic first aid skills) who also drives the unit, and some combination of Physicians, Nurses, and Paramedics who staff the ambulances.

In the US, Many "hospiial" skills, like ACLS, Intubation, IV's and Cardiac monitoring are practiced by Paramedics who operate as "physcian extenders" - I.E. - their authority to "practice medicine" in the field is taken from a Medical Control physcian that they can consult with for guidance.

Out of curiosity, what country are you from? and who else besides Doctors provide EMS?

Jon
Pennsylvaina State EMT-B.

Wingnut

EMS Junkie
We have 2 members (?) I think from Ireland and the system there sounds much like ours, and one in Africa...I'd love to hear where your from and how your system works.

maksim

Forum Probie
OK, it is Russia, Moscow.

Really.
We have medical units (brigades.) There are brigades with doctors - experts (resuscitation, cardiologists, neurosurgeons, psychiatrists, the childhood, gynecologists, traumatologists, the expert on an infection).
I even do not remember all of them:) .
And we have feldshers. I can not pick up US analogue. He/she is the medical assistant or nurse.
The dispatcher - feldsher too.
Naturally, we deliver Pt " s in ER. But is more often we solve problems of a house.
Thus, to Pt can arrive either the doctor or the doctor - expert or feldsher.

Jon

Administrator
Community Leader
The Feldsher is probably similar to a US EMT or Paramedic (Paramedics can start IV's, give medications, etc.) EMT's just do basic first aid and assist higher-level providers.

I like your system... it seems very much like the "old rural doctor" who makes house calls, rather than making his patients come to the office or hosptial. It is always nice to solve the patients problems in the field - like a diabetic or an asthmatic. The patient may still go to the hospital, but they don't need as much care when they get to the Emergency Room.

One of the US-based EMS magazines has been doing a series on EMS around the world, and they spent some time in several cities and towns in Russia a year or two ago and did a great article.

Wingnut

EMS Junkie
EMTBSmokeMonkey said:
its mine, my precious (thread) and you cant haves it!

gollum! gollum!

ROFL :lol: :lol: :lol: