Hello to all from Newbie

snoslicer8

Forum Ride Along
Just saying hi to all...not sure how well I'll be appreciated here, though...I live on the other end of the EMS world...in the ED! I'm just starting as an ED Tech at Baptist Hospital in south Miami, FL. Anyways, good to meet you all.

-Brady

ffemt8978

Forum Vice-Principal
Community Leader
Don't kid yourself, EMS personnel just LOVE ED personnel, don't we? Otherwise, we wouldn't have anybody to give our patients to! :D

Welcome to the forum, and I hope you enjoy it here.

Chimpie

Site Administrator
Community Leader
Welcome to EMTLife.com!! I look forward to hearing about your experiences in the ED.

Chimp
Sarasota, FL

SafetyPro2

Forum Safety Officer
Welcome aboard from Southern California, and hear hear to what Scott said. Gotta love the ER staff (sorry, we still use "ER" out here :p ).

Glad to have you with us.

ma2va92

Forum Lieutenant
:D Welcome... I to am new to EMTLife and new to EMS still in class for the EMT -B.. I have always enjoyed the ER .opps.. ED {trying to teach a old dog here}.. worked campus police for several years.. years ago.. and most of the time were we at the ER. ad 95% of the ER staff was great .. and like what has already been said .. if you were not there... I would have to leave the pt. on the sidewalk outside
just kidding :)

MMiz

I put the M in EMTLife
Community Leader
Originally posted by snoslicer8@Jul 22 2004, 09:51 PM
Just saying hi to all...not sure how well I'll be appreciated here, though...I live on the other end of the EMS world...in the ED! I'm just starting as an ED Tech at Baptist Hospital in south Miami, FL. Anyways, good to meet you all.

-Brady
Welcome!

I was initially an aspiring ER Tech. The nice Level 1 trauma center around me doesn't hire outside though. They said I'd have to push around wheelchairs and work on the floors for a year before I would be considered for ER tech, and I'd need to be an EMT-P.

Glad to have you here, so how do you feel about us EMS folk?

OP
OP
S

snoslicer8

Forum Ride Along
I must say, haven't had any experience as of yet. Baptist Hospital, where I will be working, actually has 3 seperate emergency rooms that make up the entire department. We are a level 2 trauma center, only because of some technicality that says privately funded institutions can't have some aspect required to be a level 1 (dedicated blood bank, maybe?). Anyways, I am looking forward to getting in there and getting some experience. I just landed the job offer a couple of days ago, and will be starting the 4 week training session on the 2nd. I got the 7p-7a shift, so you can be sure that I'll be getting all the juicy stuff to share with you guys. =) Looking forward to it. =)

-Brady