Hello everyone - New here

tlcmagic

Forum Probie
Hi there!!

The name is Tami, and I am a former EMT-B, about to go back to school to get re-certified.

I am a new resident of California... and I love it here.

Hope to meet new friends online.

oneluv79

Forum Crew Member
Hi and Welcome!!!!
It's nice to meet you and I hope you enjoy it here....

oneluv79:)

OP
OP
T

tlcmagic

Forum Probie
Thanks!!! I look forward to talking with more people as I get back down the road again. I miss it... was out for a while because I had injured my back.

:) Looking forward to getting back on the truck again.

Tami

JonTullos

Forum Captain
Welcome to the site! Feel free to ask anything you'd like but also feel free to use the search feature (you'll get that one a lot). :)

Jon

DV_EMT

Forum Asst. Chief
ditto to what jon said:

USE the search.... you'll find that it helps you survive from some of the beatdowns from other members!!!

but aside from that.... welcome!!!

OP
OP
T

tlcmagic

Forum Probie
Oh Don't worry about the search thing... I have been here before. It's been a few years. I know some of the members can be nasty, but I ignore them because I have better things to do in life than deal with morons who have too much negativity in theirs.

I have worked in the medical field for almost 5 years now. I was an EMT-basic before and worked for American Ambulance in Orlando, FL for a while, until I injured my back.

Now I am back in shape and ready to do it again... :) I miss the trucks, miss the work, and miss the people I worked with. Only now, I am in California and I am excited to announce too, that the love of my life has decided to partake in this journey with me and he's going to give being an EMT a try too :)

EMT11KDL

Forum Asst. Chief
Welcome!!!

Kevin

TransportJockey

Forum Chief
No leghumping! :p

Welcome back! You might be dissapointed with what Basics in CA can do compared to FL...

So... about those pictures...

Akulahawk

EMT-P/ED RN
Community Leader
Welcome back to this profession. You really will have some interesting times learning about what Basics (EMT-1) can do (and can't) in this State, compared to others.

Tiberius

Forum Crew Member
Welcome!

I was out of the profession for a while as well (duties from a different job in Human Services) before returning, and I learned that EMS is similar to the Mafia: 'Every time I think I get out, they pull me back in!'...or something to that effect.