Hello EMTlife

KempoEMT

Forum Lieutenant
Hey all,

I start EMT-B at the Local community college on Sunday. I plan to use the training for work. I teach Martial arts to men, women and and children. I have a friend who worked with a private ambulance company and when I am done with the class is gonna try and get me a job with them. I'm kinda curious about stethoscopes, I've heard the 1 I got in my kit from the school, is :censored: and am looking at upgrading. Now, I'm not gonna go and buy a $500 scope. But I want better than the little Sprague that I got in the kit. Any Suggestions?

TNEMT06

Forum Probie
Welcome to the crazy world of EMS. Any dual lumen stethoscope is pretty good; you can get them for like 30 bucks.

Noctis Lucis Caelum

Forum Lieutenant
Welcome, i think you'll enjoy this forum to the fullest like i did when i came in. Lots of valuable information on here i learn even from just probing. :blink:

mycrofft

Still crazy but elsewhere
Search thread for stethoscopes

And welcome to the scrum.;)

Katie

Forum Lieutenant
welcome and best luck with class!!

Code 3

Forum Captain
Welcome to the boards and g'luck in class. I use a Littmann Classic II S.E. and paid $120.99 for it about 3 years ago. They have come down nearly 50% in price if you do a search under Google Shopping (click for results). I've never had any issues with the scope so far and it works really well.

BossyCow

Forum Deputy Chief
Just remember, the better the scope, the higher the likelihood that it will end up left on a scene or 'borrowed' and not returned.

emt19723

Forum Lieutenant
Just remember, the better the scope, the higher the likelihood that it will end up left on a scene or 'borrowed' and not returned.

ditto!!!! lol thats my luck right there!:lol:

Airwaygoddess

Forum Deputy Chief
Welcome!

Welcome to the tribe! :):):)