Hello all new student

Wagz

Forum Ride Along
Just thought I would introduce myself been lurking the boards for a bit I am officially enrolled in my Emt-b class I begin May 12th, Just curious I was offered a acceptance to the paramedic program upon completion of EMT-b would it be in my best interest to accept it or to wait till I have Emt-b experience under my belt.

Thanks for any advice you can give
Wagz

MMiz

I put the M in EMTLife
Community Leader
Welcome to EMTLife!

You'll find different people have different advice to give regarding waiting. I personally would go right from an EMT-B class on to the Paramedic class, as much of the information is fresh. EMT-B experience is important, but you can always get that after you get your EMT-P cert.

I'm sure others will have differing advice to offer, but welcome to EMTLife, and I hope you stick around!

(Post move to the Lounge)

firetender

Community Leader Emeritus
this is usually a heavy opinion-related question. There are a number of posts and threads here where you can find a whole new vocabulary of arguments for and against. Start there is my suggestion.

wexlerk13

Forum Probie
i'm only a basic but from all the medics i know they say its better to have the basic experience...what you could do though is, finish the basic, then while your taking the medic courses, volunteer or work part time...get a little of both worlds

CFRBryan347768

Forum Captain
i'm only a basic but from all the medics i know they say its better to have the basic experience...what you could do though is, finish the basic, then while your taking the medic courses, volunteer or work part time...get a little of both worlds

i think thats your bestbet, that what i am doing.