Helllooo -Introduction

jparent

Forum Probie
Hello,
I've been looking over this site for about a week or two and decided to introduce myself. I'm 22 and reside in SE PA. I'm in my 4th year in college, for a BA in criminal justice, and I have just decided to become a volunteer at a local medical service corps (had my first interview about 25 minutes ago!). So It went well and I'm going back tomorrow night for another meeting.. hopefully I'll keep you guys updated and I will be sure to keep browsing the forums for more information.

Oh yea, currently applied to PSP and Montgomery County Police, so the EMT thing is something I always wanted to do, and figured since I'll be the first person on scene in a lot of situations, it would be good for me to get some experience

I think thats it

-James

zvi-emt

Forum Probie
welcome! good luck with all of your applications! Its always great when the police or first responders on scene know what they're doing in a medical emergency.

MMiz

I put the M in EMTLife
Community Leader
Welcome!

Where I went to college, the county sheriff were also required to be EMT-Paramedics. The system worked very well from what I understand.

Even living in a rural area, I'm hearing more and more officers saying that their department is looking for them to go back for their EMT cert and AS/BA degrees. It looks as though you're already on your way.

Again, welcome to EMTLIfe!

firecoins

IFT Puppet
hi:) welcome. Buenos Dias