Have EMT-B, Now What?

Bulldog00

Forum Ride Along
New to Forum. Have questions regarding application/processes after passing the NREMT for employment.

First: I have my CA and Orange County EMT license. I got all this done from the start which required forms, certs. and live scans (DOJ and FBI ).

Now I am at the process of the Ambulance Driver Certificate and Medical Examiners Certificate.
This is where I am slightly hung up but am using common sense and reading allot to find out the correct info. I believe I have everything ready to go to begin applying to companies besides this DMV stuff. If I am mistaken on any of my statements by all means correct me. I have personally called and gone into the DMV for my questions as well; some didn't even know what an ambulance driver handbook was.

1: What all is required to take the ambulance driver test?
I believe I need the DL51 form completed, get a separate live scan for the DMV and have a physical done for the medical examiners certificate.

2: Do I really need another live scan done for the DMV?
From what I have read I need to get a separate one.

3: I cannot get a physical for the medical examiners certificate unless the medical professional administering is it is a nationally registered person. I read as of 2014 you cannot just have your regular doctor do this unless they have taken the DOT national registry course. Am I the only one that finds this stupid and are these correct statements?

4: I need an H6 ( Driving Record from DMV) for pre-employment?

I thank anyone for their time answering these monotonous questions!

DesertMedic66

Forum Troll
1) yes
2) yes you really need to get another one
3) yes and yes it is stupid
4) most places require the H-6 print out. It's better to have it and not need it.

OP
OP
B

Bulldog00

Forum Ride Along
Thank-you for the quick response.

Glads its cleared up; if the system is complicated I felt I was going in the right direction.