Happy New Year!

MMiz

I put the M in EMTLife
Community Leader
Happy New Year (almost)!

Back in 2004 we had 7,000 unique site visitors, 15,000 in 2005, and 54,000 is 2006. So far this year we've had over 101,000 unique visitors!* It has been a great year for the site visitor wise, and it's great to see all the new faces on the forum (even if I do miss the old ones).

We've all gone through tremendous change over the past year, and I'm hopeful that 2008 will be a great year for all of our members.

To make this thread a bit more lively, I ask each member to post one of their best EMS-related moments from 2007, and something they hope to accomplish in 2008. I've always had my fingers crossed for delivering a baby in the back of the rig, but we'll see what 2008 brings.

This forum would not exist without you. I hope everyone has a great 2008!

*A "unique" visitor is each individual IP address/location that visits the site. If one person visits the site a hundred times, it only counts as a single unique visit.

lcope

Forum Probie
2008 is sure to be an eventful year for me. I begin my EMT-B class in January and will finish in May. This is going to be a big career change for me as I've worked in an office environment for the past 8 years. However, it's a change that I fully welcome and am excited about! Happy New Year and God Bless!

babygirl2882

Forum Captain
The one thing I would like to accomplish is becoming a first responder!

futureemt

Forum Crew Member
The one thing I would like to accomplish is becoming a first responder!

2008 is going to the best year ever. I start EMT school Jan 28 until Mid April and I'm so excited. I made so many new friends on this site and else where that are there for me to help me through school. Thanks to all of you! Besides everything else is looking up and its such a positive note!! I wish everyone the best. Happy New Year

Donna :)

PS Without out you guys I wouldn't of gotten my nerves to come down and you made me see things in a different light. I'm going into this with such a positive atittude and very excited!! Thank you sooooooooooooo much!

Ouch38

Forum Probie
Happy New Year!! 2007 was my first year in volunteer EMS...my first shift was in January. Enrolled in an EMT-B class which I completed in December and now I sit and wait for the results.

In 2008 I want to get "the card", get off the B team, and eventually start running some calls. Hopefully I am up to the challenge.

And you know helping a mom deliver a healthy baby would be nice.

I hope everyone has a great 2008!!

RedZone

Forum Lieutenant
Happy New Year!!

May 2008 bring success & new opportunities to you all!

Red

rescuepoppy

Forum Lieutenant
Happy New Year

May everybodody be safe and healthy in 2008, Best wishes from Western North Carolina

siefersl

Forum Probie
I must admit that 2008 was a good year for me. I made the move from volley to Full time. I finally got my first code save. took emt-I class. My only hope ems wise for 2008 is that I come over my obsessive compulsive disorder of the trucks being backed in perfectly. lol .

babygirl2882

Forum Captain
2007 ended great I went to my first real fire, it was an amazing day.
Car fire to start it off, we were beat to it though so we went and turned around it was still pretty cool, then a while later a residential fire, turned out to be a bonfire in the yard. But going back we got another residential fire with flames showing. We were the first to show up and the garage was completly on fire took about 3 1/2 hours till we were done and it was amazing!!!! I had to stay in the cab the whole time but I was directly in front of the house so I didn't miss anything...unlike last time where I was in the ambulance and so far back that I saw nothing. So I hope 2008 can beat it!

emtbuff

Forum Captain
Hmm my best EMS related achievement for 2007 was to continue my RN education and become a RN. (I know not EMS but its one of my biggest things). I became an official EMS Evaluator, and to continue to educate new EMS personal.

For 2008 I want to continue my EMS education down different paths of continuing education. And possibly move on and start out on my own and join a different EMS squad.