Hands On Defibrillation

mycrofft

Still crazy but elsewhere
One of our medical directors has AFib and stated to us that he continues compressions during defib with no worries or concerns.Again,it is optional and up to the individual.I personally have yet to perform it, but have seen coworkers and the md do it via a training video.

edit:unable to find a usable picture

PS: Hat's off to an a-fib patient who can DO CPR!

Brandon O

Puzzled by facies
Brings home the phrase "circulatory collapse" doesn't it? Thanks!!!!! Seems to pick back up rapidly, though. Or am I missing something?

Looks like 5-10 compressions to return to peak pressure... not the end of the world, but a shame to give it up if you don't have to.

webster44

Forum Crew Member
We use the lucas device at my full time place. Any thoughts from anybody on debib while that's going? It has a large rubber cup on the chest

Christopher

Forum Deputy Chief
We use the lucas device at my full time place. Any thoughts from anybody on debib while that's going? It has a large rubber cup on the chest

No reason to stop to defib with mechanical CPR in progress, provided you can make an accurate rhythm diagnosis.

Brandon O

Puzzled by facies
Yep, that's been shown to be safe.

Fox800

Forum Captain
No reason to stop to defib with mechanical CPR in progress, provided you can make an accurate rhythm diagnosis.

Ditto. Although I always had to stop it to check the rhythm, otherwise it just like VT from the machine doing it's thing.