Had my emt-cherry popped

bunkie

Forum Asst. Chief
Last night at a christmas party I had to use my knowledge for the first time. On my own child. My son was buckled into his stroller munching on a chip. Choked. I have 3 kids and never have any of them choked before. I'm amazed at how fast you can get a child out of a stroller and start working on them when those instincts and the mommy adrenaline kicks in. He's ok, I got it dislodged quickly, he screamed for a while afterwards, probably because he thinks I was beating him. Poor baby. I think it upset me more then anything. I was even more upset by the fact that not a single person in that room offered any kind of help whatsoever. My instructor would tell us often that the public will never help, even if you wished like hell they would. Last night I realized in that instance at least, he was right.

Tincanfireman

Airfield Operations
I have 3 kids and never have any of them choked before. I'm amazed at how fast you can get a child out of a stroller and start working on them when those instincts and the mommy adrenaline kicks in.

I would be willing to wager a dollar to your dime that it was 99 9/10ths "mommy" and 1/10th of 1% EMT that handled the situation. It was a wonderful save either way.

JPINFV

Gadfly
Cherry popped?

TODD.gif

Miracle 5!

Nice save though.

OP
OP
B

bunkie

Forum Asst. Chief
I would be willing to wager a dollar to your dime that it was 99 9/10ths "mommy" and 1/10th of 1% EMT that handled the situation. It was a wonderful save either way.

Probably. But thank you. :)

Cherry popped?

TODD.gif

Miracle 5!

Nice save though.

I do so love the Todd. He's probably my favorite.

Thanks for letting me share guys. I knew I'd be understood here.

firetender

Community Leader Emeritus
That's not minor, that's HUGE!

Somewhere along the line, you decided to make sure you were prepared to make a difference in people's lives who were, in some way, rendered helpless. What a wise choice that was.

Regardless of your relationship with the child, as you observed, had you not been there, probably no one would have taken action. You DID make all the difference and under what most here will admit is the most difficult of all circumstances; good work!

Blessings to you and yours.