Had an interview and then....?

AmeriMedic21

Forum Crew Member
Hi guys and gals, i have a question regarding possible employment. So i had an interview with an ems service thats pretty rural, and when i had my interview i was interviewed by an HR rep from the county, the EMS director, an MICT(Paramedic) and an EMT-I. I really feel that i connected with everybody in there and the EMS director would ask me a question and would nod in approval as he would write some criteria down based on my statement. I was honest with them and i really felt that i earned their respect, overall it felt right... Well my interview was this last Monday, and they told me no matter what their decision, they would call me Wednesday of next week, or maybe sooner. I really want them to know that im interested in the position. So my question is, would it be kosher to call them and thank them for the interview and ask if they needed anything else from me? I dont want to be annoying and a butthole, but im a persistent kind of guy and i want them to know i am deadly serious about this job. I just dont want to be "annoying".... Im here to ask ya'll about your opinion.

Thanks much,
Ryan

TxParamedic

Forum Crew Member
The one you need to impress is most likely the director but I would hesitate to call him directly you might be perceived as a problem child. An email to him and a call to HR would leave the best impression IMO.

Anjel

Forum Angel
An email is less bothersome and doesnt put them in an awkward spot.

Also a hand written thank you card is great for saying hey I really fricken want this job.

LostViet408

Forum Crew Member
Usually after being interviewed, you would want to send a thank you letter to whoever interviewed you and also the receptionist or whoever gave you the notice that you go an interview. Remember! Treat everyone as if they are going to hire you. Then do a follow up after 1-2 week since they have to review all the interviewee's. Remember, your not the only one they interview, so don't make it seem like your a pest since their evaluating each person being interview. Other than that, just be patient and keep on applying! If it's meant to be, then it's meant to be. Good luck!

Last edited by a moderator: