Got kicked out of paramedic school for disability, is this a sign?

Status
Not open for further replies.

CALEMT

The Other Guy/ Paramaybe?
On day one of class when they ask if you have any disabilities that you need accommodation for, did you bring up your Aspergers?
No, becauas I felt at the time it was not going to hinder me. It doesn't when I bring it up. Discrimination IS discrimination.

So after just hovering over this thread reading the replies I feel as if some people have failed to read the initial posts. So I have quoted them here above me. This is not a case of discrimination, this is a case of someone failing in the field because he has a disability that he did not disclose to his program. How could the program know about this prior to all the trouble going down? There is no possible way to know and when you bring it up after the fact it just looks like you're making excuses trying to save your *** when you should have disclosed this from day 1. Now the OP hasn't posted in awhile so I'm doubting that he's reading the comments on this thread, but he defiantly should have disclosed his disability on day 1, that way the school/program can at least attempt to accommodate him/her to provide a opportunity to be successful. Is this a sign? I would say so, in all seriousness the field isn't the best place for you and you should seek a different path. As others have mentioned radiation technicians make a decent living as do respiratory therapists. The healthcare profession isn't completely out of the question, but in your case OP I would probably look to work in a more controlled and predictable environment.

Status
Not open for further replies.