good movies about EMS

RescueYou

Forum Lieutenant
I can't believe I forgot about fireproof! My wife an I enjoyed it very much.

I LOVE that movie. I've seen it idk how many times. Great morals.

OP
OP
haywood415

haywood415

Forum Probie
i got 'Bringing Out The Dead' from Netflix, and have to say, it was a waste of 2 hours. very disappointing.

i love how he never takes any BSI precautions and constantly smokes in the ambulance....(joking of course)

stupid Nicolas Cage :(

OP
OP
haywood415

haywood415

Forum Probie
the sheer amount of things wrong with this movie is absurd.

Last edited by a moderator:

reaper

Working Bum
i got 'Bringing Out The Dead' from Netflix, and have to say, it was a waste of 2 hours. very disappointing.

i love how he never takes any BSI precautions and constantly smokes in the ambulance....(joking of course)stupid Nicolas Cage :(

20 years ago, there was no BSI and smoking in the ambulance was common!;)

OP
OP
haywood415

haywood415

Forum Probie
20 years ago, there was no BSI and smoking in the ambulance was common!;)

this movie came out in 1999, and apparantly takes place in the early 1990's. now i may be new to EMS, but i have a hard time believing there were no BSI precautions in the early 1990's. i would imagine that research had proven how blood borne pathogens travel from pt to medic by then.

piranah

Forum Captain
you would be surprised...all of my partners have been in EMS since god and creation...and thats the way it was in the 80's and Im guessing old habits...

reaper

Working Bum
this movie came out in 1999, and apparantly takes place in the early 1990's. now i may be new to EMS, but i have a hard time believing there were no BSI precautions in the early 1990's. i would imagine that research had proven how blood borne pathogens travel from pt to medic by then.

As late as 94'-95' I can remember running major traumas with no gloves. We did not give a lot of thought to that back then. Being covered in blood was nothing new.

imurphy

Forum Captain
Also, if you notice, other medics use gloves on patients.

I'd say it's more a device used by Scorcase to highlight his emotional turmoil and decent into burnout.

TransportJockey

Forum Chief
I enjoyed Skid Marks, as it does portray a lot of EMT-Bs accurately. Mother Juggs and Speed is required pretty much. Ladder 49 is ok, hated Fireproof (no one told me it was a xtian film before they made me watch it), Bringing out the dead is pretty good too.