Good Luck S. Florida!.....and Now NW Florida

MedicPrincess

Forum Deputy Chief
And here comes the first of the Season. Good Luck Chimpie and all of you in South Florida.

I'll be patiently waiting my turn in NW Florida.....

http://www.nhc.noaa.gov/storm_graphics/AT06/AL0608W_NL.gif

http://www.nwfdailynews.com/news/storm_10317___article.html/saturday_hurricane.html

Floridians prepare for hurricane; 4 dead in storm

Comments 13 | Recommend 0

August 16, 2008 - 7:47PM

Staff and wire reports
KEY WEST (AP) - Residents and tourists in the Florida Keys prepared Saturday for Tropical Storm Fay, which forecasters said could strengthen to a hurricane and begin battering the island chain as soon as Monday.
Farther north on the Emerald Coast, preparations were not far behind.

Last edited by a moderator:

Airwaygoddess

Forum Deputy Chief
Mother Nature is on a tear.......Everybody stay safe and well!

ulrik

Forum Crew Member
0-o oohhh snap...

emt19723

Forum Lieutenant
yeah....ALL of you guys down there stay safe!!!!

Ridryder911

EMS Guru
Ironically, my nephew thought he moved from his home state to escape the daily threats of tornado's... to Florida a few years ago. He just moved from the Northwest Florida that received the last few hurricanes to Tampa!....lol

R/r 911

OP
OP
MedicPrincess

MedicPrincess

Forum Deputy Chief
Okay.... TS Faye is a real B****!!!! By the time she gets back out into Gulf AGAIN and comes back NW over top of my place, she will have impacted EVERY SQUARE MILE of Florida!

I will give you guys updates as I can. My post is in an area that gets some flooding with a good rain storm. I suspect by noon tomorrow we will be swimming to our next call!

Hmmmm.....

Wonder if my good buddy has his Kite Board available for some Pre Tropical Storm Duty Surfing!!!!

MissTrishEMTB08

Forum Crew Member
Central Florida here.

WHY WONT FAY GO AWAY!?!?!?

I hate the water squelshing in my boots!

Stay safe, fellow Floridians! Bunker down with beef jerky and beer!

OP
OP
MedicPrincess

MedicPrincess

Forum Deputy Chief
So far so good for us. Its only been raining for about 6 hours at this point, but the storm is still 75 miles to our east. Tonight may not be so fun!

But for everyone that has ever dealt with any kind of tropical system you know the "Hurricane Parties" that happen.....

One of my friends sent me their to do list for storm prep....

Generator #1 up & ready....................................................check
Generator #2 up & ready....................................................check
10 days supply of gas for Gen's........................................check
Emergency supplies ready ...............................................check
24 cases of beer…..Dammit, need more beer

Last edited by a moderator: