Good EMT COMPANIES IN ORANGE COUNTY, CA

Wakeking22

Forum Ride Along
I am looking to transfer from a LA County IFT emt company to a Orange COunty Company... Any related information to hourly pay, call volume, and how they treat their employees on any OC company would be greatly appreciated...

THANKS

Jim37F

Forum Deputy Chief
Care is probably the best OC/LA Co 911 company.

Be prepared for a lot of replies saying move out of LA/OC completely. That's because there are better EMS systems next door pretty much every neighboring county/LEMSA. AMR in Riverside and Rancho and the other IE divisions are pretty good.

Depending on your ability/willingness to relocate, Hall Ambulance in Kern Co is the best in the whole region without being a firefighter.

(Getting that holy grail is about the only way to have a carrer in EMS in LA/OC)

CentralCalEMT

Forum Captain
As the previous poster stated, LA/OC is not a very good area for EMS and there are far better areas. I come from LA so I am speaking from first hand experience and if you can go somewhere else, it is probably best for your career development. That being said.

Care is probably the best. I have multiple friends who have worked for Care in the past and all of them had glowing reviews. However, be prepared for more IFTs for awhile as they told me you will not put you strait into 911 no matter how much IFT experience you have. I have heard it is 6 months to a year to get on a 911 ambulance, although I am sure it varies from person to person. Care also has very nice ambulances.

I also had a friend who worked for Doctors. (911 for South Orange County) He said he did not get too much experience but the people at the company were very nice. The low call volume coupled with the really nice and safe areas they cover are not a recipe for crazy calls. Although crap can happen anywhere. They also have really nice rigs and equipment.

I have heard Medix does 911 in Mission Viejo but I have not heard anything about them good or bad. Same with Shoreline in Westminster.

CURMUDGEON

Forum Probie
I'd stay away from Shoreline entirely. Too much top end turmoil and the company was recently debarred from LA City for continued violations. This will most likely have a negative effect on their ability to become licensed in LA County as well. Sinking ship.