Good Book for NREMT-B Test Prep?

Matt G.

Forum Probie
Anybody have any good nremt test prep books recommendations?

after failing the 1st time, I don't want the pressure if i fail the 2nd. So i want to educate myself the best i can by preparing myself with better nremt testing skills. if anyone knows a book thats good please let me know.

thanks

uscgk9

Forum Crew Member
NREMT Prep Books

Myself and my students have found that the "...For National Certification" books by Stephen J. Rahm have been the best for the NREMT. They have one for EMT-B, EMT-I, and EMT-P. Go to a book store web site such as amizon and search the key words "National Certification" and you will find them. If you are prepairing for a State exam I would recomend the Brady prep books. If you are taking the NREMT, buy Rahm's book. It will be a worth while investment!! Good luck!!

dreamthis

Forum Ride Along
emt-b national standards self test by charly d miller

i find this book very good but have not taken the nremt i got gun shy after i passed my class its been a year and still a little intimidated but this book took alil edge off.

Conan The BarbarEMT

Forum Ride Along
After I finished my class I started using this website: http://www.prenhall.com/emtachieve/ to test myself, and I found it gave me a lot of confidence, and helped to remind me what I needed to review, and what concepts I already understood well. In the weeks before I took the test, this was the only resource I used to study, and I passed on the first try.
It's from Pearson, the same company that administers the National Registry CBT (If I'm not mistaken).

AMPEMT85

Forum Probie
I used the Learning Express's EMT Basic Exam book. I found the questions were very much like those on the NR and I passed the first time. I took the EMT class and graduated in December and took the NR in May...so it helped me refresh and pass the test. I also got an A in the EMT class, so that might have helped as well, but the book is good too!

My EMT instructor bought it from me after I was done using it, so he thought it was good! B)

lalaneedstopass

Forum Crew Member
I just got Stephen Rahm's EMT-B Review Manual and Brady EMT-B Exam Review like a week ago and they've helped me tremendously to find all my flaws and explain it all out well. It also helps I've been going to the library and everytime I come across something I don't understand that well and it's not clear in my textbooks I go and find a book that pinpoints down every question I could have. We'll see how this all really does help when I take my test again :unsure: