Gone But Not Forgotten:

joemt

Forum Lieutenant
I received news that I did not want to hear last night. One of our EMT's, (one of my former students) passed away yesterday afternoon after battling a long illness. EMS has lost one of it's greatest providers. Tom's compassion and understanding of ill and injured people was amazing. Please keep his family (he has two small boys) and his EMS Friends in your thoughts and prayers.

Thanks,
Jo

ffemt8978

Forum Vice-Principal
Community Leader
Thoughts and prayers sent.

OP
OP
joemt

joemt

Forum Lieutenant
Here's the obituary: Tom was proud of many things in life, but he was MOST proud of those boys... Tom and his wife had been told numerous times that they would never be able to have children, and then a miracle x2 happened in their lives. I know that his last thoughts were probably of those boys.

Jo

Tom Worsham, 46, of Fair Grove died Tuesday, Sept. 5, 2006, after a long battle with cancer.
He experienced many miracles during his time on this earth, namely the birth of his two sons, John and Luke.
After a career in the military and later as an EMT, he had the opportunity to be home and active in raising his children on a daily basis.
He is survived by his wife of the home, J. Denise Worsham; their two sons, John, 4, and Luke, 3; his father and mother, Thomas and Mary Jane Worsham of Edgefield, S.C.; a brother, James A. Gunby and wife Susan of Savannah, Ga., and their daughter, Kristen; a brother, Michael A. Worsham and wife Crystal of Waycross, Ga.; one sister, Margaret Holman and husband Bill of Knoxville, Tenn., and their daughter, Lauren Holman; and numerous other relatives and a host of friends.
Graveside services will be at 10 a.m. Friday, Sept. 8, at the Missouri Veteran's Cemetery under the direction of Thieme-Shadel Funeral Service at Rivermonte, Springfield. There will be no formal visitation. Memorial donations may be made for his children at any Empire Bank, c/o John and Luke Worsham, or left with the funeral home.

MMiz

I put the M in EMTLife
Community Leader
That's sad news. Sorry to hear of his loss, but it seems as though he had an active (but far too short) life.

Jon

Administrator
Community Leader
What a shame... I'm sorry for your loss, and the loss in your community.