Gift ideas for a paramedic?

Handsome Robb

Youngin'
Premium Member
I would say a good field drug guide. I know when I was doin my basic training the medic used his a few times a night

If you have a smartphone. Epocrates is a godsend, and it's free :)

Handsome Robb

Youngin'
Premium Member
I thought it was hot in florida?

citizensoldierny

Forum Captain
A good knife or multi-tool. Maybe some extrication gloves.

LoneStarSoldier

Forum Crew Member
All of these ideas are great, and I'm sure he could use the vast majority of them. Think of the long run though, something that'll last him years and he'll always remember getting it from you. A text book or an engraved stethoscope would be ideal. If you can't decide though, maybe a giftcard would be alright or just tell him that whatever he needs to get you'll cover him :)

okeefe

Forum Ride Along
Paramedic Gift ideas

Great Paramedic gift ideas are either a nice stethoscope (Littman is the best1) with engraving or cool accessories like the new 02 wrench at LINK REMOVED or the new stethoscope medical tape holder at LINKED REMOVED which I will definitely be getting! Of course there's always embroidered gear as well. :rolleyes:

Last edited by a moderator:

Fish

Forum Deputy Chief
Hi all.
My boyfriend is about to start a paramedic program this fall (I hope he's not reading this thread!) and I would like to get him a gift that he will find useful and helpful during his training and beyond. After reading some of these threads, I'm starting to learn that a whole lot of gear isn't really necessary to carry around all the time, but all the same, is there any piece of equipment or any particular book or other resource that you think would be particularly helpful to a new paramedic?

Speed wipes, every one at sometime has been caught in the act of doody time and could use some speed wipes to hurry out of there and get on the ambulance. That and a nice overnight bag complete with stuff for shower time, including shower sandels.

IRIDEZX6R

Forum Captain
Speed wipes, every one at sometime has been caught in the act of doody time and could use some speed wipes to hurry out of there and get on the ambulance. That and a nice overnight bag complete with stuff for shower time, including shower sandels.

LOL Speed wipes. Thats a brilliant idea..