GEO Medic course?

Walter Sobchak

Forum Probie
I am.starting the GEO Medic course at SOLO this week. anyone already taken it?

EpiEMS

Forum Deputy Chief
I am.starting the GEO Medic course at SOLO this week. anyone already taken it?

I'd imagine that Dr. Hubbell himself teaches it, but I'm not sure. If it is him, he's an excellent teacher.

OP
OP
Walter Sobchak

Walter Sobchak

Forum Probie
Just glanced through the photo gallery on FB - which one are you in the firewood chain?

4Th from left, ball cap/beard/glasses. Dr Hubbell and Bill are teaching the course, check out the pics on SOLO's Facebook page if you have not been to SOLO before. i will do a AAR when i get back home next week.

MrJones

Iconoclast
4Th from left, ball cap/beard/glasses. Dr Hubbell and Bill are teaching the course, check out the pics on SOLO's Facebook page if you have not been to SOLO before. i will do a AAR when i get back home next week.

Not who I guessed, but no matter. ;) I see that Mariel is in your class; she did the urban portion of WEMT w/ my class; doubt that she remembers me (and MrJones won't help jog her memory), but tell her that Doug says hi.

OP
OP
Walter Sobchak

Walter Sobchak

Forum Probie
Yep, she sits beside me in class. she has gotten a lot of experience in Zambia. She is very interesting, friendly , and knowledgeable.

OP
OP
Walter Sobchak

Walter Sobchak

Forum Probie
Whoops, forgot to update my own thread. it was a pretty diverse class of about 18, paramedics, EMT's, and WEMT's. Also some RN's with WFR. Dr Hubbell covered basically every situation that he has ever encountered, be it in the mountains of Nepal or a Village in Rwanda. Long term care, infectios disease, and hands on skills that the Doc would normally do CONUS, but when running a short term clinic or training mission a Geo Medic could easily handle. some of the topics i have dealt with in Iraq while operating with line platoons (GSW, burns, infections), but it was the TTP's and Lessons Learned that make this course worth your time. Dr Hubbell is brilliant, Bill Cain is onr of the top instructors i have ever had, and if you spend a lot of time in the back country, i would recommend this course for your own knowledge.

EpiEMS

Forum Deputy Chief
Whoops, forgot to update my own thread. it was a pretty diverse class of about 18, paramedics, EMT's, and WEMT's. Also some RN's with WFR. Dr Hubbell covered basically every situation that he has ever encountered, be it in the mountains of Nepal or a Village in Rwanda. Long term care, infectios disease, and hands on skills that the Doc would normally do CONUS, but when running a short term clinic or training mission a Geo Medic could easily handle. some of the topics i have dealt with in Iraq while operating with line platoons (GSW, burns, infections), but it was the TTP's and Lessons Learned that make this course worth your time. Dr Hubbell is brilliant, Bill Cain is onr of the top instructors i have ever had, and if you spend a lot of time in the back country, i would recommend this course for your own knowledge.

Wow. I'm super-jealous! This sounds like a blast!!!

Glad to hear that you found Bill and Dr. Hubbell to be awesome teachers as well, I only have the best to say about them!

MrJones

Iconoclast
I'm currently in Conway attending the 2015 GeoMedic course. Highly recommended for anyone involved in disaster and/or expedition medicine.