G.I.’s Describe Despair and Isolation in Trauma Units

NepoZnati

Forum Crew Member
“Interviews with more than a dozen soldiers and health care professionals from Fort Carson’s transition unit, along with reports from other posts, suggest that the units are far from being restful sanctuaries. For many soldiers, they have become warehouses of despair, where damaged men and women are kept out of sight, fed a diet of powerful prescription pills and treated harshly by noncommissioned officers. Because of their wounds, soldiers in Warrior Transition Units are particularly vulnerable to depression and addiction, but many soldiers from Fort Carson’s unit say their treatment there has made their suffering worse.”

Read the full story here.

mycrofft

Still crazy but elsewhere
Read it. Very mixed feelings. Anyone hewre have experience there?

This cold be spot on, or it cold be that the reporter talked to twelve discontented people and wrote a sensational piece.

The concept of a nice soft nest for people to gently heal in does not work for many patients, and never if you are trying to get people back into active duty. Some studies suggested that maintenance of a regimen along with therapy etc. works better.
Not to say Ft Carson or the military and VA systems are applying proper treatment, most likely they are understaffed and undertrained, but the precepts have worked before.

I'd want to see something rsearched and written by somone not interested in ratings so I could relax about skewing and inflation.

medic417

The Truth Provider
Not to sound rude but this is not EMS related and based on other subjects being told to find other forums is that going to happen to this one?

Now as to mistreating a patient, soldier or not, the one doing the harm should lose certification.