FYI Regarding EMT-National testing site

blastereosloud

Forum Crew Member
I realize that I may be repeating some information that is possibly listed somewhere else in the forum, but I figured it be best to provide someone more recent information or a "heads up" if you will regarding some of the online testing sites that are offered as practice exams for the National. I recently finished up my EMT-B course through Santa Ana college and was looking for a reliable and accurate website to use in conjunction with my books and reviewing of my notes to give me another means of testing my weak areas. I found in the forum (at the time I searched) only a few threads regarding testing sites to use for other EMT-B's that were trying to take the National or had already taken in and what sites they had used. At the time the only one that had come up was emt-national-training.com and after reading good reviews on those threads from other EMT's I took it as a sign to try it out. Unfortunately after taking a few of the exams (this site doesn't let you grade it's sample test), after having signed up for the 3 month $70 package, I realized that at least 1/2 of their questions they had been giving me in the different exams were MEDIC related questions! In a panic that I had severely underestimated how much I paid attention in class, I consulted a medic friend of mine who works in Riverside who said those questions were good to know but nothing an EMT-B would do, let alone need to know for the National. With that being said I merely wanted to alert if you will any aspiring EMT-B's that are looking for test sites to practice their knowledge on, granted I'm not bashing the accuracy of this site, I much prefer a seemingly more realistic site like id44.com (that's not to mention a heck of a lot cheaper and WAYYY more user friendly). Since I'm no longer going to be using the EMT-National testing practice site, I submitted a ticket to them explaining my situation of unemployment and how $70 for 3 months is a great deal for someone planning to actually use it though. I'm crossing my fingers that they at the very least issue me a partial refund for $50 since I've taken minimals tests within the few weeks I've had access to it.

EMT-IT753

Forum Lieutenant
I purchased the medic version for 1 month from this same site. My experience was, it was a waste of money. The questions they had on there were great if you were taking a Basic exam.

The only good part about it was the NREMT Simulation Exams. But, even then, all it did was get you into the right frame of mind for how the Registry test is run.

Luckily I passed the exam on the first attempt, but it was definitely not because of that site. The Registry questions were not even close to what the website was using to help study.

Just my opinion though :)

OP
OP
blastereosloud

blastereosloud

Forum Crew Member
Which of the two sites I mentioned did you purchase a membership to? ID44.com or EMT-National-Training? It's funny to me that (if it was in fact the EMT-National-Training that my Basic questions had medic related items and yours had Basic related. Hmmm… begs to ask the question what sort of clowns they have running their development behind the curtains...:unsure:

EMTSTUDENT25

Forum Lieutenant
I've used emt-national-training web site 2 times and passed 1st try both times. I have recommended it many times and yes you can go back and look at previous tests to see correct/incorrect answers. It tells you why a certain answer is right and also why the others are not the best choice, but I do agree that it is a little expensive. I've never heard of the other site you spoke of.