Funny...

BuddingEMT

Forum Probie
Three medics are walking on a beach, taking a break from an ambulance convention on a tropical island. They happen upon an antique bottle and in examining it, they all-too-predictably release the genie trapped inside. He offers them the obligatory three wishes and they agree to split them: one each.

The first medic, an Advanced EMT, says, "I want to be ten times smarter so I can better help my patients!" "A noble wish, Master!", says the genie as he waves his hands. "Granted!" The Advanced EMT is ten times smarter.

The second medic, a Paramedic, says "Well, I would like to be a hundred times smarter, to better help all the patients I have to work on." "Another noble wish!", says the genie and he makes the second medic a hundred times smarter.

The third medic, a Field Supervisor, pipes up and says, "I wish to be a thousand times smarter, in order to best help all the patients that I must care for, genie."

The genie cocks an eyebrow at him and says, "Are you quite sure that that is your wish?" "Yes, that is my wish! A thousand times smarter", asserts the third medic.

"Very well! The most noble wish of all! Granted!!", booms the genie and he waves his hands.

The supervisor is now an EMT.

True story ;)

Mountain Res-Q

Forum Deputy Chief
That is only the forth time I have seen this joke on these forums. Of course, I always change it to Firefighters walking on a beach... no offense anyone... I like to bash some of the smarter FFs I know for having to hang with the dumber ones. ^_^

http://www.geocities.com/HotSprings/Spa/1871/?200929