Funding Your Education

Jim 2436

Forum Ride Along
I am currently an EMT in New York, I am planning on continuing my education direct to Medic. The cost is app. 7000. Does anyone have any information on student loans or grants to continue .

COmedic17

Forum Asst. Chief
Apply for financial aid, but the truth of the matter is you will probably have to take out student loans regardless.

PotatoMedic

Has no idea what I'm doing.
I got married and my wife was able to pay for my education! Yeah living on cup of noodle!!!!

Carlos Danger

Forum Deputy Chief
Premium Member
I had been a paramedic for about 5 years when I did the Excelsior ASN program. The whole thing cost me about $8k. I paid for it all with the lowest-interest rate credit card I could find, then paid the credit card off in about six months with just the increase in income I got when I went to work as an RN.

Even better, you can just work for a while, save up, and pay cash for it.

Tigger

Dodges Pucks
Community Leader
Many places here will pay for your medic if you sign a contract. Pass the class, pass your new hire program, work for two years, you're good.

OP
OP
Jim 2436

Jim 2436

Forum Ride Along
I just joined a volunteer corp and need to find out what kind of education they will pay . They are only a BLS service , but say they want to add ALS to their Corp. I didn't want to get into it at my interview.

luke_31

Forum Asst. Chief
That is something you would need to ask them. A bunch of strangers on the Internet will not have the answer for you.

Run with scissors

Forum Lieutenant
im also interested in this, any one know of any grants or scholarships that will help pay for educational expenses?