FTO completion...

Tigger

Dodges Pucks
Community Leader
Probably true. Issue is AMR is owned by Envision Healthcare and answers to them them to the stock holders. Ever since Envision bought Rural Metro alot of people thought they would merge the two. Well Envision decided to keep them two separate companies. However Envision in there great thinking decided to have some senior AMR bosses go in and clean up Rural Metro. Now the same issues at AMR are very well seen at Rural Metro. But then again thats not saying much cause Rural Metro was losing money big time.
They are merging...
R/M Colorado is completely merged into Colorado AMR.

AMR is very location dependent when it comes to quality. Here our Ops manager is still a practicing paramedic and gets on an ambulance occasionally. Our supes are frequently on ambulances when the system needs an extra car, as are the CES peeps. But I don't really expect to see the supes out there that often, they have their own job to do as well. Staffing, SSM, payroll, someone has to do it.

Operations Guy

Supreme Overlord
It's division dependent but for the foreseeable future they will remain two separate companies. I can tell you that due to multiple different state regulations it's easier to keep them two separate companies. Issue is merging completely in multiple states is difficult due to filling requirements. Don't even get me started on the nightmare that is Arizona and there CON system.