FP-C question

OP
OP
C

CIRUS454

Forum Crew Member
You have zero hands on time with an IABP, have never sat with an experienced preceptor and watched how to troubleshoot various issues that come up, and you feel qualified to manage this level of patient in the transport environment where there are far fewer resources available to you than in the hospital? With less than three years as a medic? That's what your telling me?

DING DING DING!!!!! HEEEEEERE we go!!!!! I didn't mean to start and arguement LoL! :wacko:

TheGodfather

Forum Lieutenant
You have zero hands on time with an IABP, have never sat with an experienced preceptor and watched how to troubleshoot various issues that come up, and you feel qualified to manage this level of patient in the transport environment where there are far fewer resources available to you than in the hospital? With less than three years as a medic? That's what your telling me?

I'm not sure as to why you're being so hostile, but to answer your question...

I don't imagine I'd be sent in a dark room alone with a patient and an IABP... I would imagine, instead, to be familiarized with my equipment thou roughly before being "set free"... again, I've taken pretty much every IABP class available to me (as well as shadowed a few rounds on the cardiac floor before my exam), so with the exception of hands on time, I'd feel ready to manage an IABP patient in the presence of an RN...

If you have any more questions, feel free to message me privately.. I feel it to be very discourteous, and unprofessional, to call people out on "issues" that don't pertain to the original topic of this thread.

CANMAN

Forum Asst. Chief
Disregard my post

Last edited by a moderator: