FP-C question/ help plz

OP
OP
S

Srt4ever

Forum Crew Member
So if anyone who has currently taken the test or in the past shed some light. I’ve been studying for a month now with ACE SAT online course and book and occionally reading back to basic. A friend mention that a month was to short of studying for test saying he studied for over 6 months and that I should do the same. I also have a study guide made form Corey Pittman himself that I’ve been looking over. Should I reachulde my test ? I feel like I know th process of things form wills video.

DesertMedic66

Forum Troll
So if anyone who has currently taken the test or in the past shed some light. I’ve been studying for a month now with ACE SAT online course and book and occionally reading back to basic. A friend mention that a month was to short of studying for test saying he studied for over 6 months and that I should do the same. I also have a study guide made form Corey Pittman himself that I’ve been looking over. Should I reachulde my test ? I feel like I know th process of things form wills video.
There is no set amount of time and it should be based off of how you feel. I did roughly 2 months of on and off studying and then a 4 day review course and passed the test first try.

OP
OP
S

Srt4ever

Forum Crew Member
There is no set amount of time and it should be based off of how you feel. I did roughly 2 months of on and off studying and then a 4 day review course and passed the test first try.

I’m just beyond nervous for this exam. Going over Pittman study guide I can recall what he said and work through process an understand what needs to be done. Going over wills book I get a majority of the questions right to which my friend mentions no questions come from the book (which I understand an didn’t expect it to) an the questions on the test are all paragraph long. Just the nerves are killing me lol

DesertMedic66

Forum Troll
I’m just beyond nervous for this exam. Going over Pittman study guide I can recall what he said and work through process an understand what needs to be done. Going over wills book I get a majority of the questions right to which my friend mentions no questions come from the book (which I understand an didn’t expect it to) an the questions on the test are all paragraph long. Just the nerves are killing me lol
Maybe 2/3 of the questions I had were paragraph long scenarios. I also had some simple 1-2 sentence questions. Heck I had about 5-8 that just asked me to identify where the STEMI was and what vessel was the culprit.

OP
OP
S

Srt4ever

Forum Crew Member
Maybe 2/3 of the questions I had were paragraph long scenarios. I also had some simple 1-2 sentence questions. Heck I had about 5-8 that just asked me to identify where the STEMI was and what vessel was the culprit.
Figured if I got a few paragraphs questions I’d read what they are asking me for so I skip over the fluff.

DesertMedic66

Forum Troll
Figured if I got a few paragraphs questions I’d read what they are asking me for so I skip over the fluff.
With a lot of the paragraph questions you actually have to read all of it to get the correct answer. There were a decent amount of titrating vent settings to correct blood gases. So you would have to figure out what the values of the blood gases meant and also look at the vent settings to see what you would change (F, Vt, PEEP, FiO2).

OP
OP
S

Srt4ever

Forum Crew Member
With a lot of the paragraph questions you actually have to read all of it to get the correct answer. There were a decent amount of titrating vent settings to correct blood gases. So you would have to figure out what the values of the blood gases meant and also look at the vent settings to see what you would change (F, Vt, PEEP, FiO2).
Totally understandable. I would of course read what they are asking then go back an figure out what’s wrong but at least I can skip the parts where they go into detail of joe crashing his car head on and it bleeding head and crews on scene intubated him prior to your arrival. And go straight to blood gas see what disturbance is going on an tune my vent.

VentMonkey

Family Guy
With a lot of the paragraph questions you actually have to read all of it to get the correct answer.
I was taught to “dissect” the paragraph starting with the actual question at the end, then read the answers given, then go back and sift through key words, and pertinent info.

Heck I had about 5-8 that just asked me to identify where the STEMI was and what vessel was the culprit.
Ha, you sorta lucked out. It’s some of the easier material for inexperienced/ non-CCT paramedics. I want to say my FP-C was heavy on respiratory, and flight. The flight stuff is literally just memorization TBCH.

The CCP-C was completely different. These exams can, and will, quite literally throw anything within the material covered they see fit. From random scorpion sting questions, to advanced respiratory, basic cardiology, and/ or none of the above.

OP, for the last time, stop worrying! You’re going to make it worse on yourself come test day:). Plus, you have well over a year to obtain your cert, I guarantee you’re steps ahead of many of my, and your colleagues.

DesertMedic66

Forum Troll
I was taught to “dissect” the paragraph starting with the actual question at the end, then read the answers given, then go back and sift through key words, and pertinent info.

Ha, you sorta lucked out. It’s some of the easier material for inexperienced/ non-CCT paramedics. I want to say my FP-C was heavy on respiratory, and flight. The flight stuff is literally just memorization TBCH.

The CCP-C was completely different. These exams can, and will, quite literally throw anything within the material covered they see fit. From random scorpion sting questions, to advanced respiratory, basic cardiology, and/ or none of the above.

OP, for the last time, stop worrying! You’re going to make it worse on yourself come test day:). Plus, you have well over a year to obtain your cert, I guarantee you’re steps ahead of many of my, and your colleagues.
Those were probably the easiest questions on the test. It did throw me a bunch of curve balls I was not expecting.

The flight questions were all very simple to answer.

OP
OP
S

Srt4ever

Forum Crew Member

I literally have a study guide by Corey Pittman an it had to bite questions an I was like really ? Simply because will ACE course never went over it lol.

And I know I need to relax but being on a flight team has been a career goal.

grumpy1

Rotor RN
2 best books are:

Back to Basics
Flight Paramedic Review by Faudree

Multiple Coworkers have passed by using these books, CFRN and FP-C. Pittman course is great, hopefully the new instructors will do as well as Corey did. Dont worry with the A.C.E. book, way too advanced for either the FP-C or CFRN. The other two books are spot on.

Best of Luck

Docraven311

Forum Ride Along
Good morning, I just got hired with a flight company and have 18 months to get this certification. I have self study for 3 weeks now using the ACE online course as well as his book. I also have been reading back to basics and doing flightbridge ed practice test.

I have been getting a majority of the questions with ACE an back to basic questions right. Is there anything else I can do to prepare me ? What can I expect ? I’m beyond nervous.

Thanks.
It is a very tough test. You will feel like you brain is scrambled after taking it. The ACE online course is good. So is Distance CME. Also, Back to Basics, ACE SAT, Flight Bridge (the podcasts and books) and use some CCRN study guides. The test questions are written more like nursing questions. So you need to get your mind to start thinking along the lines of a nurse. Also, make sure that you have and read any of the Critical Care Transport text books. There is a lot of information to digest for the test. I was able to pass the FP-C on the first try, but it involved many, many hours of studying.

Docraven311

Forum Ride Along
2 best books are:

Back to Basics
Flight Paramedic Review by Faudree

Multiple Coworkers have passed by using these books, CFRN and FP-C. Pittman course is great, hopefully the new instructors will do as well as Corey did. Dont worry with the A.C.E. book, way too advanced for either the FP-C or CFRN. The other two books are spot on.

Best of Luck
I hope they do too. It was a sad day when Corey left us. He helped a lot when he came to our program and helped to get us ready for the FP-C.

VentMonkey

Family Guy
Random thread bump...

Reviewing Eric’s CCP-C materials, it seems very much in line with what Creighton emphasized. Both are taught by Air Methods flight paramedics. Their train of thoughts seems to be in line with one another in everything from hemodynamic parameters, to acronyms, and details that they both emphasize.

Just some food for thought for anyone who’s wondered about the FlightBridgeEd prep materials. Also, the paraphrasing, or “chunking” as it’s called, is growing on me.

VentMonkey

Family Guy
Has anyone used ASTNA’s CCTC Exam Review Manual as a study guide for their exam(s)? If so, was it helpful?