Forum Names

wolfwyndd

Forum Captain
ffemt8978 said:
Thanks for making me feel old

**laugh** I was kinda thinkin' the same thing. I was already graduated, in and out of the military, and in college when most of these young whippersnappers were either born or graduated high school.

My username would take some serious 'splaining to do. I took my name, and a numerology chart, broke it down into it's base number and then converted it back again to a name that has equal numbers. Unless you've studied numerology, it's fairly complex.

fortsmithman

Forum Deputy Chief
**laugh** I was kinda thinkin' the same thing. I was already graduated, in and out of the military, and in college when most of these young whippersnappers were either born or graduated high school.

My username would take some serious 'splaining to do. I took my name, and a numerology chart, broke it down into it's base number and then converted it back again to a name that has equal numbers. Unless you've studied numerology, it's fairly complex.

It's good to see others besides myself who were young adults in the 1980's (I'm 41). I still feel old compared to the younger forum members.

GonnaBeEMT

Forum Crew Member
I found this site while I was taking the basic course. Since then I have passed the NREMT test. I start medic school in the fall. I probably need to change my name on here....... any sugestions?

BossyCow

Forum Deputy Chief
My nick was a present from a paramedic. Myself and a friend got labeled as a 'couple of bossy cows' and it sort of stuck. We decided to embrace the concept instead of fighting it. Let's face it, we really didn't stand much of a chance of arguing with the label anyway.

And Epi.... Babe In Total Control of Herself

Jeremy89

Forum Captain
I found this site while I was taking the basic course. Since then I have passed the NREMT test. I start medic school in the fall. I probably need to change my name on here....... any sugestions?

Talk to the CL's- I believe they are the only ones with authority to change your username.

Jango

Forum Crew Member
How did you decide on your user name for this forum, what made you choose that specific one?? It is just interesting to see some of the names used and i often wonder about it.

Add to this signature quotes which are also great to read, and makes sense.

Just wondering...

I chose my as it is my call sign/nickname at work, and because I am a Star Wars fan of geeky proportions!

wolfwyndd

Forum Captain
It's good to see others besides myself who were young adults in the 1980's (I'm 41). I still feel old compared to the younger forum members.
BINGO! I'm 41 also. Coming up on 42 in two months. You know, I didn't even consider this profession until I was 38. My wife says I'm having a 'mid life crisis' because I'm trying to do all the stuff the young kids are doing. I'm just not having an affair on her and buying the sports car. :wacko:

BossyCow

Forum Deputy Chief
BINGO! I'm 41 also. Coming up on 42 in two months. You know, I didn't even consider this profession until I was 38. My wife says I'm having a 'mid life crisis' because I'm trying to do all the stuff the young kids are doing. I'm just not having an affair on her and buying the sports car. :wacko:

Coming up on 53 in one month!

flywnc

Forum Probie
Mine was pretty easy, "fly" because I'm a pilot and "wnc" because I live in Western North Carolina.

Contadinella

Forum Ride Along
Contadinella

Contadinella is a nick I have got from a friend in Italy.
Its my German surname translated to Italian. In Englisch it would be something like "little/small farmer"

Conta

EMERG2011

Forum Crew Member
EMeRG is the name of the campus EMS service I joined after I got my EMT cert, (acronym: Emergency Medical Response Group), and 2011 is the year I'm (hopefully) graduating college.

BirdtheEMTB

Forum Crew Member
Well when I first started my EMT-B class my classmates thought my first name was Bert...my first name is Bart. We were taking our Extrication class and my buddie Josh was holding C-Spine on a entangled pt and I was upside down doing a pt assessment and he was like Birrrrd..Birrrd...LOL! I lost it....it was so funny....now all of my fellow classmates know me as BIRRRRRRD! Funny stuff!:D Now that we are done anytime one of my fellow EMT's call me the first thing I hear on the other end is BIRRRD....BIRRRD...LMAO!

gradygirl

TROUBLE
Wow, I've been on here for a while and have only just seen this thread. My isn't all that original, the college EMS squad I started with was TCERT (Trinity College Emergency Response Team) and I was born in 1987.

mycrofft

Still crazy but elsewhere
Why mycrofft?

Because the other handles I use are for other sites, and it is easy to remember.
OK, since you are potential bro's and sis's, my other handles: (which are far more entertaining..if at all).

MAJROJ: retired USAF/CaANG as a major (nurse corps).

DRGOFAST: I was one of the first EMT's at Offutt AFB fore dept/Crash Rescue. I drove with aviator-style sunglasses, my rescueman (backseater) said his kid called that sort of glasses "go-fast glasses", so I was known as "Dr Gofast" (or "Rescue 6-Bravo") until I left active duty.

So now if you meet me in another forum or website we can share the secret handshake and move on, right??;)
Oh, PS: 55 y/o June'08. 20 years in jails, 22 in USAF/ANG

Last edited by a moderator:

mycrofft

OK I got the CERT deal now. Press on!

Wow, I've been on here for a while and have only just seen this thread. My isn't all that original, the college EMS squad I started with was TCERT (Trinity College Emergency Response Team) and I was born in 1987.

gradygirl

TROUBLE

What??? I told you it wasn't original!

The better one would have been BLOODBATH, at least that would have a decent story behind it, but that came over a year late.

Last edited by a moderator:

mycrofft

Regarding "I got the CERT thing"...not to worry

I thoguht you maybe had an affiliation with a Community Emergency Response Team (CERT) organization. the ".........." was me drumming my fingers at myself for flatheadedness.:blink:

gradygirl

TROUBLE
Haha, roger that. No, we were glorified babysitters, had to take care of the drunk little kiddies...who were usually older than me...

EMERG2011

Forum Crew Member
Haha, roger that. No, we were glorified babysitters, had to take care of the drunk little kiddies...who were usually older than me...

I know EXACTLY how that goes....

Campus EMS - preventing alcohol induced natural selection since 1992