Forum Names

coloradoemt

Forum Asst. Chief
I am just curious how everyone decided their forum names. Some are obvious.... like mine!! :D But others are not so obvious and I would really like to know the reasoning behind the choice. Show and tell citizens!!! Lets see what ya have to say for yourselves!! :D

Chimpie

Site Administrator
Community Leader
Originally posted by Strike3@May 12 2005, 12:29 PM
I played pro baseball for 5 years, so mine is pretty obvious as well... :rolleyes:
So you weren't very good? LOL j/k

Mine is just something my brother started calling me one day. Then when he met his wife she caught on and she calls me Chimp. And of course my niece and nephew only know me has Uncle Chimpie. My niece knew my real name, but one day she sat me down (yes, SHE sat ME down) and put her hand on my knee and said, "From now on you'll only be known has Uncle Chimpie." I said, "But you know my real name is Dave. Uncle Dave." "No," she says. "Only Uncle Chimpie."

How can you not love a kid like that?

emtbuff

Forum Captain
Mine Goes with my hobby of being an EMT and the beging four letters of my last name just happen to be buff so I thought it sound kinda neat so thats my reason.

Jon

Administrator
Community Leader
Geee... Mine is SOOOO tough

My name is Jon, and I have a problem.

I am a Paramedic Student.... :unsure: I have had this problem for almost two years now, and it is eating me up inside....

:lol:

Wingnut

EMS Junkie
Well I've never been known for my grace, and I can be a spaz at times. My mother started calling me a wingnut when I was a teenager because of that and it just stuck. It's perfect for a computer name, and I couldn't think of any good emt name combos that sounded good, so I stuck with it.

rescuecpt

Community Leader Emeritus
I'm a rescue captain in my FD. My name here used to be rescuelt, but I got promoted.

ECC

Forum Captain
Originally posted by coloradoemt@May 12 2005, 02:27 PM
I am just curious how everyone decided their forum names. Some are obvious.... like mine!! :D But others are not so obvious and I would really like to know the reasoning behind the choice. Show and tell citizens!!! Lets see what ya have to say for yourselves!! :D
ECC for Engine Company Chauffeur...and because Colorado EMT was taken. ;)

MedicPrincess

Forum Deputy Chief
When I was a vollie in the FD, my son came to the station one day. As FF's do, they were giving me a rash of crappola about something dumb I had done. My darling 6 year old (then 5) marched up the my Capt and the Chief and told them

"My Mommy is a PRINCESS and you will talk to her like one!"

From then on I was called various forms of Princess, Prince-*** and things like that.

Now that I am "almost" an EMT...it fits.

Chimpie

Site Administrator
Community Leader
LOL.. I would have lost it if I was there. LOL :D

TTLWHKR

Forum Deputy Chief
TTL - TOTAL

WHKR - WHACKER

Although, that is a great idea, me. Yes I agree with myself... a EMS Radio Station... WHKR. HA HA HA :p

I'm different than most whackers, I don't have a tricked out POV w/ a light show and stickers; and I can actully do everything I'm trained to do. I just like to have everything I need to do my job.

So. :unsure: I'm a whacker. But I'm trying to overcome whackerism. I've sold Whacker 1 the 68 Chevy Ambulance and Whacker 2 the 70 Superior Ambulance. Now I'm looking for a Whacker 3.

Margaritaville

Forum Lieutenant
I use Margaritaville because I am a Buffett fan, and I had a great time in Margaritaville last year. Can't remember much, but I was told I had Fun!!!!! (I won't elaborate).

All the better - gosh, now I am hungry for a "Cheeseburger in Paradise"!

Christina

SafetyPro2

Forum Safety Officer
Short for Safety Professional. I've worked in the occupational safety and health field for 9 years now, have my degree in it, and hold the Certified Safety Professional (CSP) designation.

I got into being a volunteer firefighter/EMT partly because many of the things I've learned as a safety professional transfer to that very nicely.

I also serve as the Safety Officer for one of the local DMAT teams.

SafetyPro2

Forum Safety Officer
Originally posted by Margaritaville@May 12 2005, 03:47 PM
I use Margaritaville because I am a Buffett fan, and I had a great time in Margaritaville last year. Can't remember much, but I was told I had Fun!!!!! (I won't elaborate).

All the better - gosh, now I am hungry for a "Cheeseburger in Paradise"!

Christina
Mmmm....cheeseburger.

There's actually a chain of restaurants in Hawaii called "Cheeseburger in Paradise." They're not affliated with Jimmy, but I think he's given his blessing to them. The one in Honolulu is right on Waikiki Beach and lives up to its name. Its usually my first stop from the airport when I'm over there.

rescuemedic7306

Forum Crew Member
I was a medic, and I am on a Rescue squad, and my call # is 7306...er...how romantic!

Firechic

Forum Lieutenant
I've been called "firechic" since working for the FD.

Fire = firefighter
Chic(k) = because I'm the only female in my station

Pretty self explanatory! :p

ffemt8978

Forum Vice-Principal
Community Leader
I have no imagination, so mine breaks down like this:

ff - firefighter
emt - obvioux
8978 - my department employee number

Jon

Administrator
Community Leader
Originally posted by SafetyPro@May 12 2005, 06:44 PM
Short for Safety Professional. I've worked in the occupational safety and health field for 9 years now, have my degree in it, and hold the Certified Safety Professional (CSP) designation.

I got into being a volunteer firefighter/EMT partly because many of the things I've learned as a safety professional transfer to that very nicely.

I also serve as the Safety Officer for one of the local DMAT teams.
I wondered what CSP meant...

Jon

Administrator
Community Leader
Originally posted by rescuemedic7306@May 12 2005, 06:55 PM
I was a medic, and I am on a Rescue squad, and my call # is 7306...er...how romantic!
romantic goes with that avatar....

Jon

Administrator
Community Leader
Originally posted by TTLWHKR@May 12 2005, 05:38 PM
TTL - TOTAL

WHKR - WHACKER

Although, that is a great idea, me. Yes I agree with myself... a EMS Radio Station... WHKR. HA HA HA :p

I'm different than most whackers, I don't have a tricked out POV w/ a light show and stickers; and I can actully do everything I'm trained to do. I just like to have everything I need to do my job.

So. :unsure: I'm a whacker. But I'm trying to overcome whackerism. I've sold Whacker 1 the 68 Chevy Ambulance and Whacker 2 the 70 Superior Ambulance. Now I'm looking for a Whacker 3.
ok... First.. You DID have your car tricked out with red lights, sirens, etc... and a big ol' omaha orange paint sceme, and ECNALUBMA on the hood.....

and your own truck will fit a strecher.... YOU HAVE THE PiCTURES!!!!

jon