Former firefighter claims ambulance reports falsified

flhtci01

Forum Captain
http://www.clintonherald.com/local/local_story_273111157.html

CLINTON — A federal complaint filed last year by a former Clinton firefighter and paramedic, and recently unsealed, alleges the Clinton Fire Department submitted false medical records stating that some cases were more serious than they actually were to collect higher reimbursements from the Medicare and Medicaid programs.

He is alleging that calls he took for Medicare and Medicaid patients should have been classified as basic life support not advanced life support, which are reimbursed at a higher rate.

The complaint alleges Schultheis complained to supervisors within the department but the measure continued.

The complaint states that Clinton could be fined up to $11,000 for each allegedly false claim and 30 percent of that could be paid to Schultheis.

PotatoMedic

Has no idea what I'm doing.
Personally I feel if a medic comes to my door I should pay for ALS services even if it is just a band-aid. If a basic comes to my door I pay for a basic.

Like if I got to a Dr to get a shot I pay for a Dr. If I go and just see a tech for the same shot they I pay for the tech. Price is different because of the care that could be provided if needed. I would know, my Dr told me to get the second shot via a technician so I don't have to pay so much.

EDIT: I am just making assumptions on what is going on I don't know if basics went or medics went initially.