Flight team LODD, Alpine, TX

TransportJockey

Forum Chief
"On Sunday, July 4, 2010, three Air Ambulance STAT crew members were killed in a fixed-wing airplane crash near Alpine, Texas. On board the aircraft were Pilot Ted Caffarel, medical crew members Sharon Falkener and Tracy Chambers, as well as a patient and passenger. "
Flightweb is blacked out :(

SOLMourning.jpg
May the crew RIP

lightsandsirens5

Forum Deputy Chief
"On Sunday, July 4, 2010, three Air Ambulance STAT crew members were killed in a fixed-wing airplane crash near Alpine, Texas. On board the aircraft were Pilot Ted Caffarel, medical crew members Sharon Falkener and Tracy Chambers, as well as a patient and passenger. "
Flightweb is blacked out :(

SOLMourning.jpg
May the crew RIP

Sad! Thoughts and prayers are with all the families and friends. Such a tragic loss.

medic417

The Truth Provider
Sharon was a great medic and a great person. It was my privilege to have worked many a call with her, to call her my friend. Yesterday was a long horrible day. I still wish I had woken up to find it was just a bad dream. All on board, their family, their friends, their EMS family are in my thoughts and prayers.

http://www.kwes.com/global/story.asp?s=12754477

Five Killed in Plane Crash Near Alpine
Posted: Jul 04, 2010 4:07 PM CDT
Updated: Jul 04, 2010 11:21 PM CDT
Video Gallery
Five Killed in Plane Crash Near Alpine (7-4-10)
4:10
Staff Report
NewsWest 9

ALPINE - Five people from West Texas are dead after a medical plane crashed early Sunday morning after taking off from the airport in Alpine.

Brewster County Sheriff Ronnie Dodson tells NewsWest9 that his office got a call about a plane going down around 12:15 Sunday morning.

Dodson says the plane is a Cessna 421 medical plane that carries patients to hospitals in the Midland-Odessa area when needed.

The Associated Press reports the plane was heading for Midland International Airport before it crashed. The Texas Department of Public Safety says the pilot was apparently trying to make an emergency landing when the plane hit a rut, overturned and burned.

Last edited by a moderator:

medic417

The Truth Provider
http://www.cbs7.com/news/details.asp?ID=20372

Fatal Plane Crash in Brewster County 7/4/10
Jennifer Samp
CBS 7 News
July 4, 2010

Alpine, Texas - Tragedy this July 4th as a medical plane crash in Alpine kills all five on board, now investigators are looking for the cause.

According to the sheriff's office, it happened just after midnight.

We're being told an O’Hara Flying Service medical plane was transferring an elderly woman with a broken hip to Medical Center Hospital in Odessa.

Last edited by a moderator:

claytondirk

Forum Probie
Both of crew members were very good friends of mine I transport them 5 to 6 times a week they will be missed very much.

medic417

The Truth Provider
Services for Sharon will be Thursday at the fire station.