FL PARAMEDIC EXAM REVIEW

MackTheKnife

BSN, RN-BC, EMT-P, TCRN, CEN
Anyone know of a training company in Jacksonville that does the 2 day exam review course? There's one in Port St Lucie but looking for someone closer.

Thanx

RoadRat

Forum Probie
Sorry to get your hopes up about a potential answer... I'm only replying so that I can come back to see the other replies. I also need the answer to this same question.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OP
OP
MackTheKnife

MackTheKnife

OK. I get an email saying I'm approved. Go to Prometric website. No PM exam for FL. Just nurses aid and communications dispatcher. Visit local Prometric office-closed. Call next day. They tell me to call FLDOH EMS. WTF?

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

OP
OP
MackTheKnife

MackTheKnife

Still no response from DOH about the exam. I'm gonna call manana and see what I can find out. I'll post if I find something out that is concrete.

OP
OP
MackTheKnife

MackTheKnife

FINALLY! After beacoup emails and phone calls without a response, I finally got instructions to register for the exam. Will challenge on 3 April. Keep y'all posted.

OP
OP
MackTheKnife

MackTheKnife

OP
OP
MackTheKnife

MackTheKnife

They did. And after a pass rate of only 40%, went back to the FL exam last August. That's how you can challenge it.

OP
OP
MackTheKnife

MackTheKnife

Say hello to Florida's newest paramedic! Took the 150 question exam today. Passes with 89%. Test wasn't difficult and it didn't take long. I did study Rambling Thoughts flashcards and the Florida State Paramedic exam on Quizlet.com. I would say they both helped.

OP
OP
MackTheKnife

MackTheKnife

Well, it's been over a week since the test. No exam results, no license. Sent an email this afternoon. Geez! FLDOH is slow!

akflightmedic

Forum Deputy Chief
When I sat for the exam in 1999, they printed the results instantly, right there at the test site. They no longer do that? Seems like a step back to me...

OP
OP
MackTheKnife

MackTheKnife

When I sat for the exam in 1999, they printed the results instantly, right there at the test site. They no longer do that? Seems like a step back to me...
You get a preliminary results from Prometric. It's not official.