First Surgical Cric

mycrofft

Still crazy but elsewhere
So the ideal setup would also include a suction component to evacuate used up air?

Somebody patent this thread.

A book or article comparing efficacies of related prehospital and maybe a few hospital measures would be very very interesting. Airways, ventilation, IV access, IV instillation, spinal immobilization would be the biggees. Maybe Consumer Reports will do it?;)

usafmedic45

Forum Deputy Chief
So the ideal setup would also include a suction component to evacuate used up air?

Nah, it just wouldn't be effective enough. Honestly, my theory is if you're going to try to do transtracheal jet ventilation, it really should be chased with a second angiocath through which you can pass the guidewire for a retrograde intubation but very few EMS agencies allow the practice. \

A book or article comparing efficacies of related prehospital and maybe a few hospital measures would be very very interesting. Airways, ventilation, IV access, IV instillation, spinal immobilization would be the biggees. Maybe Consumer Reports will do it?

You could start a thread and post the articles from Pubmed on the subject. I would do it myself, but I don't have the time this weekend to do it.

mycrofft

Still crazy but elsewhere
I'll be busy visiting my one day old first granddaughter.

Vent probably already has it written up and updated quarterly.

usafmedic45

Forum Deputy Chief
Vent probably already has it written up and updated quarterly.
True...she's all over crap like that. God bless her for it too.

BTW, congrats on the grand-critter.