First night of class....

apagea99

Forum Lieutenant
All I can say is....WOW! There's a load of info to remember just from the "orientation" class. I've got uniforms to buy, equipment to find, paperwork to gather, immunizations and signatures to get, chapters to read....and gotta get my CPR card asap! It's a little overwhelming when I think of all I need to do outside of class in the next few weeks.

I have to say I was very pleased with the professionalism of my instructors and the fact that we're going straight into the books on day one. We're required to wear uniforms to class plus a name/picture badge. It's interesting that we were not actually required to buy any instruments for ourselves. I was expecting to have a "kit" of some sort offered through the class. I guess I'll go back and look at what others have suggested on here and put together my own kit so I can practice my skills away from class.

Anyway, I'm already loving this process and I've only just had a look at the surface....here's to hoping the next 210 hours are just as exciting/encouraging.

Good luck to all the rest of you who are also just starting out!

Bosco578

Forum Captain
Best of luck, it is indeed exciting. This site is great for asking questions about various aspects of this job. There is tons of experienced people here that will gladly help you if you want. Hope you have fun learning! I know how you feel.

Jon

Administrator
Community Leader
All you need is a cheap scope and BP cuff!
+1

Many schools will give you this equipment during class, too - because they expect you to practice on others.... students in class, and your family, friends, suckers at the station, etc when you aren't in class.

OP
OP
A

apagea99

Forum Lieutenant
Well, I have 3 P.A.s, 1 medic, and 1 FF/EMT in my immediate family and a surgeon as a good friend, so I'm sending them all emails to see if they have any extra equipment they'd like to sell.....or better yet, donate to the "family fund" ;)