First EMT job

TYPO

Forum Probie
I got hired today for a ambulance service! This is my first job as a EMT. I am excited but nervous at the same time. I have no exp. My plan is to listen and learn as much as I can with the people I will be training with. Any advice would be welcomed to make this transition easier. Thanks.

fma08

Forum Asst. Chief
I got hired today for a ambulance service! This is my first job as a EMT. I am excited but nervous at the same time. I have no exp. My plan is to listen and learn as much as I can with the people I will be training with. Any advice would be welcomed to make this transition easier. Thanks.

Read your book a few more times, memorize your protocols to the letter and keep your eyes and ears open. Good luck ^_^

OP
OP
T

TYPO

Forum Probie
Thanks. Been reading my book alot. Trying to keep everything fresh in my head. I look at it this way. Now the real learning begins

fma08

Forum Asst. Chief
The "real learning" only works well when built off of a solid foundation of book learning ;)

WuLabsWuTecH

Forum Deputy Chief
Awesome! Try not to kill anyone on your first shift. It makes for a bad first impression!

I kid, I kid!

But you'll do all right, just be sure to learn from the more experienced medics and fall back to your training when uncertain.

Last edited by a moderator:
OP
OP
T

TYPO

Forum Probie
Thanks. I agree with fma08 about a solid foundation. I'm just saying that now I can start to apply the things I've learned and studied. It can be difficult to read and study things but never actually get to see them. I am eager to learn and look forward to starting. I have 2 days of orientation starting the 31st then I get to go out as a 3rd.